Chapter 31

That extra day that Williams spent in France paid off in the practice sessions on the Friday. George was P1 in the first and P4 in the second. Emilia was a little less racy finishing P5 and P7. They were very good results for the team but they suspected that their fuel levels were slightly lower than everyone else's.

After practice, George and Emilia had to play the game that would be posted on the team's youtube channel. It was pretty much Guess Who. They would each have a card of every driver and then they would be given a specific driver and the other person had to guess who it was by asking questions that could only be answered with yes or no. If a driver didn't match a description, they could put the card down and would eventually narrow it down from twenty to one. Emilia had Sebastian and George would ask the question first.

"Is he a World Champion?" George asked.

"Woah you can't say he because there are girls, well a girl, in this sport now. And yes." Emilia complained.

"Right okay my bad." George apologised with a smile as he laid the non-championship winning drivers face down. Emilia couldn't see his cards and which ones he had placed down so until he was down to one, she wouldn't know whether he had got it right or not.

"Do they have brown hair?" Emilia questioned in which George replied yes so she could only definitely set down Mick. "Carlos looks like he has black hair in this." Emilia leant in trying to determine the colour of the Spaniards hair.

"I think it's black so go with that." George answered. "I'd say Valtteri, Kimi and Pierre aren't proper brunettes either so put them down."

"You're trying to beat me not help me." Emilia laughed.

"I was just clarifying." George defended with a grin. "Have you kissed this person before?"

"No." Emilia was certain that she hadn't kissed Seb. She wasn't a homewrecker like that. Emilia was curious to see who George would place down.

"Right that doesn't really help because I don't know who you've kissed." George sighed.

"Why ask a question you don't know the answer to? And none of them." Emilia replied crossing her arms. George gave her a look which said 'I don't believe you and I would point that out but we're being recorded.' "Don't look at me like that. Have you kissed this person? No I'm joking."

"Yes actually." George seriously answered.

"Really?"

"No, I'm messing with you." George teased and Emilia pushed him across the table playfully but George overreacted and ended up actually falling off his chair. They sat there laughing for a lot longer than they should have. Half this youtube video was going to be them hysterical unless it was edited.

"Are you okay?" Emilia tried to stop laughing. "Oh no I'm crying." Emilia wiped the tears from her eyes. George was lying on the floor and moved to a sitting position. Emilia felt the need to help so went closer and pulled him up but she wasn't strong enough to lift his weight so she fell on him. She landed across him so her body was perpendicular to his. Emilia quickly got up and returned to her chair. George did the same. "I am so sorry, did I hurt you?"

"You kicked my side but I'm fine." George responded trying not to burst into laughter but as soon as they made eye contact, they started laughing again. "Everyone in our team is going to hate us after this."

"They already do." Emilia howled. "Well for me at least." She insulted herself as she tried to stop laughing. "Right where were we?"

"You were asking me a question." George reminded.

"Right okay. Are they British?"

"Yes. Well, they race under the British flag." George clarified. "Are they German?"