Chapter 56: Race Fourteen

"Shit." Emilia said rubbing her forehead having created a horrible situation. "I just kissed you." Emilia stated pointing at George who was standing in the corner of the lift completely chill. "George say something."

"I liked that kiss." George smirked which didn't help Emilia.

"Of course you did! It means I've ruined things with Lando." Emilia shouted.

"How do you know he's going to find out?" George asked.

"Because I have to tell him. I can't keep this a secret from him because he'll find out the wrong way and that'll completely ruin us." Emilia answered. She was not at all chill. There was no way Lando was going to understand what she did.

"It's only us that know, so how is Lando going to find out?" George enquired calmly.

"There were other people in that lobby including my ex who seems to be on a mission again to try and mess up my life by coming into it again." Emilia replied. "And stop being so calm."

"It was your idea to kiss me what have I got to freak out about?" George responded.

"Freak out with me because I've ruined a perfectly good relationship because I'm in an idiot and did a stupid thing." Emilia sighed. The lift pinged as they got to their floor and Emilia rushed out back to her room not giving George anytime to say anything else. She got to her room and sat down. Her head was a mess. Emilia could have done anything to avoid talking to Richard and she decided to kiss George. It concerned her that out of all the things she could have done, she decided to kiss the one guy Lando worried about her cheating on. At least she hadn't done it on purpose and the kiss hadn't meant anything.

What Emilia didn't think about what George. George had taken his opportunity to kiss Emilia and definitely got an A* for his acting skills. He had no idea what was going on with Emilia to ask him to do that in the first place and why she didn't do something else. George also felt bad for Emilia because she was in an entire mess and he wanted to help but she'd run off before he had the chance to offer and the Williams driver thought it was best if he left her alone.

Emilia decided to rush to Lando's room so she could tell him what had happened. She knew the worst possible thing to happen was that someone else told him before she had the chance to explain. Emilia knew he wasn't usually on social media so if a photo got out he wasn't likely to see it until one of his team pointed it out tomorrow.

Emilia took the lift down to Lando's floor hoping he would be there but there was no answer to his door. There was no way he was still at the track so he must have gone out somewhere. Maybe he'd gone looking for her at the Williams party. Emilia tried calling him on her phone but there was no answer. She was stuck with what to do.

Emilia really needed to rant and open up to someone but she really didn't know who. The only person she trusted with this stuff was George, Lando, Alex and probably Aurelia and Christine as well. Lando wasn't answering and Alex was out with Lily so he wasn't an option either. She settled on deciding to find George. Emilia's teammate opened his door almost immediately when she arrived at his room.

"Hey." George said. "Do you want to come in?"

"If you're not busy or anything." Emilia replied. She had already put George through quite a bit this evening by kissing him unexpectedly so she didn't want to bother him anymore.

"No I'm not so come in." George moved out the way of the door to let his teammate past. "So what's up?" George questioned smirking.

"You know what's up Russell." Emilia rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry for kissing you I had no idea what to do and I know it was the wrong reaction but I didn't know what else to do and now I've messed things up with Lando because he won't understand and I don't blame him because I wouldn't understand. Yeah, I've fucked up and I have no idea how to fix it." Emilia blurted.