Chapter 29

Emilia found it great to be back at home. She loved the comfort of her own bed and not having to wake up early in the morning. Getting to relax and let her body adjust to the time zone was nice. The next four races before the summer break would be in Europe with only a few hours time difference so no jetlag really.

However, the sleepover Emilia was about to attend would not help her sleep schedule return to normal. George had invited her as well as Lando and Alex to his for the night. Emilia was hesitant at first with Lando being there but decided that he shouldn't stop her from a good night. Plus, she did maybe want to hear his laugh again.

The drive to George's was short but longer than usual as she was coming from her Grandad's as she'd been helping him in the garden repotting some of the plants. Then she sorted out his accommodation for Silverstone so he wouldn't have to drive to the circuit every morning. Emilia was more excited to have someone in her garage with her for her home Grand Prix as the room for guests had been empty all season. It was sad for sure but at least her Grandad could come to this one. She debated on asking him to come to France but when she saw him that weekend, he had a nasty chest infection and wasn't feeling great so she didn't want him to feel like he had to come because she offered.

When she arrived at George's, there was George's Mercedes, a McLaren and presumably Alex's car as well. It came as no surprise to her that she was the last one there. She grabbed her multiple bags out of her boot and knocked on George's door. Emilia heard the noise they were all making trying to get to the door.

"Emilia!" Alex greeted having reached the door first. The other two were slightly out of breath behind him after being slow.

"Hey boys. What's with everyone out of breath? Group orgy?" Emilia laughed as she carried her bags inside.

"What? No!" George answered. "We were racing to the door."

"You are such children." Emilia huffed placing her bags down on the floor. "Where do I put all my stuff?"

"Your bedroom is the on upstairs on the right." George directed. "Why have you got so much stuff?" George questioned with his hands on his hips.

"So I don't look like an ogre in the morning." Emilia replied. This time, they had actually been given warning that they would sleep over so Emilia could come prepared. She had only brought a spare change of clothes for tomorrow, a onesie, pyjamas, toiletries, another outfit in case she didn't want to wear the first one, hair straighteners and Mario Kart.

"You don't need all the stuff to look pretty." George smiled trying to take one of her bags.

"I can carry my own stuff up." Emilia answered. "You take Mario Kart out the bag and set up the Wii." She instructed so the boys ran off and did that.

Emilia dumped her stuff on her bed and would bother unpacking it all later. She sorted out her parting in the mirror to make sure it was straight and grabbed her phone before going downstairs. The boys were all fighting for the different controllers when she entered the living room. They were honestly all children.

"Alex, white one. George, blue one. Lando, red one and I'll have the pink one." Emilia ordered and they all swapped to the right controller swiftly. "You actually listen to me?"

"Yeah because you'll crash into us otherwise." Alex laughed. Emilia's face dropped and she stuck out her middle finger at the Haas driver.

"That's not funny." Emilia grumpily replied as she flopped onto the sofa in between George and Alex.

"So are you and Lando friends yet?" George queried as he set up the game.

"Yeah." Lando replied as the same time Emilia said no. "I thought we were fine."