Chapter 52

Emilia had a nap when she got back to her room. She needed it. Christine had made her do a bit of neck training because Emilia was nowhere near as fit as she should be. The race was going to be a challenge and would push her but Emilia wouldn't complain. At least she was racing.

Although, Emilia's love for racing was a bit on the fence. As much as she loved doing it, it wasn't what it used to be for her. Racing used to be her escape where she was able to just race and ignore everything going on in the real world. She dreamed of it becoming her job and now it was her job. Not just her job now, her lifestyle. Her life revolved around racing. It had before, but not to the extent it did now with Williams.

Emilia didn't know why she didn't love her job. She was just exhausted both physically and mentally and the summer break had gone so fast she didn't feel refreshed like everyone else seemed to be. There had just been a lot for her to deal with in such a short space of time. Of course, she knew what she was getting herself into when she signed the contract for Williams, but she didn't expect her Grandad to pass away, get thrown into the midfield battle which added a lot of pressure, become best friends with her teammate who was also arguing with her boyfriend. Sure, Emilia had gained a lot of things from her first half of the season in F1 but she was focusing on the negative aspects.

A knock on the door thankfully interrupted her thoughts. She got up and opened it ignoring that she looked slightly dishevelled after her nap. Emilia prayed it wasn't Toto or Jost behind the door. It wasn't, it was someone much better than that. Her face lit up when she saw who was standing there.

"Hey." Lando greeted and wrapped his arms around his girlfriend. He pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Sorry I look a state, I thought you were out with Carlos." Emilia answered.

"You look beautiful." Lando assured taking her face in her hands. "Carlos and I thought it would be better if we spent the night with our girlfriends instead."

"I'd like that." Emilia smiled leading Lando to her bed and snuggling into him.

"What happened in FP1 this morning?" Lando questioned after a minute. He asked it like he already knew the answer but wanted Emilia to talk it out.

"I don't want to talk about it." Emilia mumbled moving burying her head in Lando's chest so she couldn't hear him.

"I'm not going to push you but I think you should. Emi you had a panic attack in the car, that's not normal." Lando replied. She sighed.

"None of this is normal." Emilia sat up moving away from Lando. "Women in F1 aren't normal, drivers dating each other isn't normal, my Grandad not being here isn't normal, being back at Spa is not normal. None of this is normal okay." Emilia snapped.

"Hey it's okay." Lando assured shuffling across to hug Emilia. "I'm sorry maybe normal wasn't the right word." Emilia thought she was going to cry but no tears came. That was worse. At least crying helped the emotions out, now they were trapped inside her.

Lando stayed with her all night. They had little conversation and spent most of it sleeping. Lando didn't leave her side or loosen his grip on her. Emilia felt her mindset was a lot better on Saturday morning when she woke up. She rolled over to face Lando and watched him sleep for a minute before he woke himself up.

"Morning babe." Emilia smiled pressing a kiss to his lips.

"You look a lot better this morning." Lando commented.

"I feel better. Are your family going to be here today?" Emilia changed the conversation so she didn't have to talk about herself.

"Yeah, I can tell them that you're busy if you're not up to seeing them. Especially as my Mum is bugging me about inviting you to Christmas." Lando revealed.