Chapter 31 - Orace (Oscar x Race)

- Chapter 31 - A Soulmate -
Warnings: Fear, mentions of abuse, bullying
Modern/Soulmate/Angel-Devil AU
Third Person

Requested by: selectedshipper (That's a lot of AUs lol) This is confusing lol.

Race stares at him, eyes wide.

No, no, no, no, no, no.

"Race-" Oscar starts, reaching out for him.

Race's hands shot up to protect himself.

Oscar stops in his tracks.

Crap, he thinks I'm going to hurt him.

Oscar watched Race's eyes fill with tears.

His eyes were blue- a really pretty blue- with a rim of gold around the outer rim of the iris and the pupil, showing that he was an Angel.

Oscar's eyes were brown, with a rim of darker red in the same area of the gold in Race's eyes, showing that he was a Devil.

"Race, Racer, hey." Oscar starts softly. "I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. I promise." He tells him calmly.

"Promise?" Race whispers, forcing himself to not speak Italian and to calm down.

Oscar nods. "I promise, love." He whispers.

Race's hands slowly lower from over his head.

Tears were still present on his face, but he didn't mind.

The two boys stay silent for a few minutes.

Oscar felt a pull to Race and for some reason, he really wanted to kiss him.

This had been part of reason he had figured out they were Soulmates.

The pull to him.

It had been weird being that drawn to an Angel to him, but he figured out easily what it was.

"Crap." Oscar breathes, leaning against the wall. "I'm trying to control myself so I don't kiss you, but you're standing there, looking adorable as ever and I'm failing." He mutters.

Race turns bright red. "It's the Soulmate connection." He mumbles, staring at the floor.

Oscar almost facepalms. "Yeah, I- I know." He responds.

Race puts his hands up in a surrendering motion.

They heard shouts from down the hall.

"I have to go." Oscar panics, looking back to make sure none of Race's 'brothers' were coming from the other side of the hall. "I'm sorry. Your brothers don't like me very much." He whispers.

Oscar takes off running.

Race watched him go, before someone cupped his cheeks and someone else lowered his hands, that had still been in a surrendering motion.

"Are you okay?" Albert asks, his eyes clouded with concern. "Did he do something to you?"

Race quickly wipes his face off. "I'm okay." He whispers.

Albert shares a concerned look with Specs.

Albert decided to drop the subject. He wasn't going to push Race.

He wasn't so sure Jack would drop it later.

Time skip

"So," Someone starts, startling Race.