Chapter 44 - Spralbert (Spot x Race x Albert) - Part 3 -

- Chapter 44 - I Love Those Crazy People -
Warnings: Flufffffffffff
Modern AU
Third Person POV

A/N, you know the deal; favorite face in the picture above lol.

Spot and Albert open the door of Spot's house to find Race and Finch standing outside.

They both had backpacks on, their flannels tied around their waists, and undershirts on that didn't actually have sleeves.

Finch wore shorts, but Race wore pants that went down to the middle of his shin and met his socks there. They both also wore sneakers and their regular Newsie hats.

This time, however, they both had one that had their Newsie names sewn into the front of them.

Race's was a mix of navy blue and gray, and his Newsie name was in bright blue.

His undershirt was a lighter blue, a Royal blue, and navy blue stripped shirt. His flannel was his usual blue, green, and white plaid flannel, as were his socks and sneakers. His pants were darker brownish-gray. His backpack was blue, green, and white as well.

Finch's hat was a brown-gray color and his Newsie name was in orange.

He wore his usual brown and orangey undershirt, and orange-yellowish plaid flannel. His pants was the same color as his hat, and his socks were a mix of orange and yellow. His sneakers were black and white. His backpack was white, black, and yellow.

Spot and Albert couldn't seem to take their eyes off of Race, but Race couldn't seem to meet their eyes.

Finch chuckles when he sees Albert and Spot staring, before he looks at Race.

He got a little concerned about that part.

"We're all going to Jack and Crutchie's house to hang out." Race informs Albert and Spot, his eyes only seeming to look above their heads. "We all wanted to know if you guys wanted to come." He explains.

Albert and Spot had been hanging with the group of boys for a few weeks.

They had gotten pretty close.

Albert and Spot share a look.

"Sure." Albert agrees, turning back to the two boys. "Just let us grab our things."

Finch nods.

They close the door.

Finch and Race lean against the fence.

"Why won't you look them in the eye?" Finch asks Race, a bit concerned. "We can all tell."

Race shrugs a bit, playing with the fidget cube in his flannel pocket. "Dunno." He mutters.

"Race..." the older boy starts slowly, lifting his chin up to look him in the eye. "I can't help you unless you talk to me." He tells him softly.

Race looks at the door, seeing Spot and Albert coming out.

Finch notices as well, letting go of Race's chin.