Chapter 144 - Spromeo (Specs x Romeo)

- Chapter 144 - Valentine's Day and Romeo's Birthday with Spromeo -
Warnings: mentions of bad parents, misgendering, but it's mostly pretty nice
Modern AU
Third Person POV

A/N, the idea of Romeo's birthday being on Valentine's Day came from the amazing iwantaferret_ , so go check them out lol. They're my inspiration for this one-shot.

Ring, ring, ring.

They reached over and turned off their ringer.

Buzz, buzz, buzz.

They groaned, turning over and putting their pillow over their head.

Buzz, buzz, buzz.

They felt the bed dip next to them. "You going to answer that?"

"No," they grumbled, hiding under their blanket. "Not until tomorrow... or maybe never."

Specs hummed. He grabbed Romeo's phone and put it on silent, then put the phone down on the bedside table. "They just want you to know you're loved, you know," he reminded him, gently rubbing his back. "You go full-out for everyone else's birthdays; they want you to feel the same amount of love that they feel."

Romeo grumbled. "I hate my birthday and I hate Valentine's Day," he responded, knowing Specs already knew this piece of information. "I don't need anyone reminding me. It's bad enough the hospital sends me a video from my mom because it's the only date she remembers."

Specs frowned. "I know, Romey."

"She could at least try and remember that I'm not a girl." Romeo pulled the covers back over his head.

Specs's frown deepened. He laid down next to Romeo, lifting up the covers and putting his head under them with him. He smiled at him. "Hi."

Romeo looked up at him, raising an eyebrow. "You're a crazy person."

Specs chuckled. "I'm a crazy person of whom you love," he responded.

Romeo hummed, playing with the strings of Specs's hoodie. "Sure."

Specs raised an eyebrow at him. "Sure?"

Romeo rolled his eyes. "Yeah, you know I do." He sighed, taking his hand. "I hate celebrating my birthday and Valentine's Day."

Despite the fact that he got his name from being born on Valentine's Day and how much of a flirt he was, Romeo despised Valentine's Day. However, he liked his name because it gave him a sense of belonging and identity after dealing with his mom and struggling with not knowing who he was for years. It gave him control.

"I know... so why don't we just celebrate you and not your birthday?" Specs responded.

Romeo sat up in the bed, watching him as he got up. "Isn't that the same thing?" he questioned, rubbing his eyes.

"Nope!" Specs went over to the closet and started looking through it. "Is it a pants day or a skirt day?"

Romeo raised an eyebrow at him. "What do you have planned?" he asked.