Chapter 148 - Sprace (Spot x Race)

- Chapter 148 - What Was Supposed to be a Trip to Midtown Ends Up with a Date-
Warnings: fluff, fluff, kinda "yelling" at Jack and hitting Jack, but mostly fluff lol
Canon Era
Third Person POV

Requested by: Ebony_Rose_Lewis . Thank you for the request! I hope you enjoy! (Btw, I don't think my second title makes much sense, but I can't think of words rn, so... yep. Enjoy that jumble of randomness.)

Race whistled to himself as he headed out the door of Jacobi's, heading to Midtown.

I am sneaky.

I am not seen.

I am subtle-

"Racetrack Higgins."

"Oh, hi, Jack. Look, it's a bird! Gotta go!"

But before Race could take off, he was grabbed by the collar of his shirt and yanked back, causing him to yelp. "Hey! Watch it! I'm fragile, you know!"

"Don't you continuously tell us that you're not fragile?" Finch muttered as he walked by.

Race scowled. "Mind your own business, bird boy."

Finch rolled his eyes, putting his hands up as if he was surrendering. "Enjoy the walk to Brooklyn."

Race raised an eyebrow at him, but before he could comment about how at least he wasn't scared of Brooklyn like Finch was, Finch spoke.

"I got Midtown for ya, Jack."

Jack nodded.

Finch tipped his hat to Les and left.

"Wha-" Race stared at Jack. "Come on! Why can he get Midtown and I can't?!" he complained. "Why do I have to go to Brooklyn with you?"

"What's the big deal?" Jack questioned as he grabbed Race's wrist and started dragging him along. He gestured for Davey and Les to follow them. "You literally sell in Brooklyn. Why are you so against it?"

"Because I don't want to spend any more time in Brooklyn than I have to," Race lied through his teeth.

"Then, don't sell there."

"Family memory; Sheepshead Races means a lot to me. I can't just stop selling there," Race rambled, making up complete lies to get Jack off of his back.

Jack looked at Race. "You're coming to Brooklyn, whether you like it or not," he told him. "You're not called a "half-Brooklyn Newsie" for no reason."

Race pouted, crossing his arms. "This is not going to accomplish what you want it to," he informed him.

"Oh well." Jack rolled his eyes fondly. "Maybe, it'll at least get you two oblivious idiots together."

Race's cheeks burned. "Jack!"

"Hurry up." Jack continued pulling the blond-haired boy along. "You're slowing us down. We don't want to be walking when Snyder is out on patrol," he reminded him.