Chapter 62 - Davey x Crutchie

- Chapter 62 - Crutchie Cutting Foods Makes Davey Anxious -
Warnings: Knives for cutting food, slight anxiety, nothing too bad
Modern AU
Third Person POV

A/N, I named crescent rolls today, and was reminded of a request from the lovely pigwigdeon156 so thanks to them.
I'm sorry if it isn't wonderful or exactly what you wanted.

"Okay," Davey takes the oven-mits off of his hands. "Now, we set a timer and wait." He informs him.

Crutchie claps his hands, grinning.

Davey chuckles at him, grabbing his phone and setting an eleven minute timer.

About eight minutes later, they smelt burning.

Crutchie gets up from the couch, his forearm crutches supporting him. "I'll go check on them." He decides.

Davey shoots him a wary look. "That's not a good idea-" he starts.

Crutchie bobbles off to the kitchen before Davey could finish.

Davey watches him go, not knowing whether to facepalm or go after him. They never listen to me.

Pardon me for trying to make sure you don't get hurt and the house doesn't burn down.

Davey heard Crutchie open the oven.

"Are they burning?" Davey asks, his eyes closed as he feared the answer.

"No." Crutchie answers. "Eh- wait. I'm not sure." He sounded concerned.

Davey cringes. That doesn't make me anxious at all-

"They're good!" He heard Crutchie's cheery voice again. "They just need a few more minutes of cooking."

Should I trust his judgement? "Okay." Davey agrees, still a bit wary. The kid has only cooked three things in his life.

"Can I take them out now?" He heard Crutchie's innocent voice ask.

Davey gets up. "I'm coming to help." He states.

He walks into the kitchen to find Crutchie pouting.

Davey chuckles.

"I could've done it." Crutchie tells him, watching him slip the oven-mits on.

"Maybe after you've cooked/baked more stuff." Davey responds, opening the oven. "I love you, but it's only your third time cooking and I don't want to risk you getting hurt." He tells the younger boy.

Crutchie nods.

Crutchie watches Davey take the trays out of the oven and place them on the counter.

He closes the oven and takes the oven-mits off, turning back to face Crutchie.

(Just so everyone knows, (Author) forgot what oven-mits were called up until this point and called them mittens.
Shut up, Race!)