Chapter 126 - Sprace (Spot x Race)

- Chapter 126 - Safe, Sleeping in the Arms of his Home -
Warnings: mentions of illness, getting soaked/beat up, injuries, and crying
Canon Era/Soulmate AU
Third Person POV

A/N, here's Sprace for dontbehomofobic , I'm extremely sorry that this took forever to write. It's been a long few weeks haha. Enjoy!
Also, it's not a Modern AU like you first requested and I'm sorry, but it is a Soulmate AU and I hope it's still okay.

"Hey, Spot," Dice greeted as they walked past him.

"Hey." Spot didn't look up from what he was doing. He just listened to people's conversations.

"Hey, Tink!" Thunder jogged over to the boy. "Did you hear about what happened in Manhattan?" he asked him.

Hearing his boyfriend's Borough, Spot looked up.

Tink nodded as he continued to try to fix one of his failed projects. "It's really sad. Manhattan's having a rough time right now," he said, looking a bit more focused on his project than the conversation.

Thunder nodded.

Spot instantly got up, folding up his paper. "Hold up."

Thunder and Tink looked at him.

"What happened in Manhattan?" Spot asked, a bit concerned.

Thunder tilted his head. "Race didn't tell you?"

Tink elbowed him. "Race has been leading, idiot," he reminded him. "He has no time."

Spot got more concerned. "Race is leading?" he questioned. "What happened to Jack?"

Tink shot him a look. "Jeez, I thought you'd be more happy for your boyfriend," he muttered, looking back down at my project.

"I would, but Race leading means something bad happened," Spot told him. "That's concerning, especially with the fact that he didn't tell me," he said.

Thunder shrugged. "What if it was that Jack had left?" he asked, looking at Spot out of the corner of his eye.

"From what you've been saying, I know it's not that," Spot responded. "Besides, I'd know if Jack left. He'd tell me, personally," he told him, his voice low.

Thunder nodded.

"Well-" Tink started.

Spot suddenly felt a sharp pain in his chest, causing him to take a step back, grabbing his chest. He grunted in pain.

"Woah!" Thunder was quick to get up and go to him. "What happened?!"

"Race," Spot croaked out, gripping his chest tightly. "It's Race." His eyes were squeezed shut and his teeth gritted in pain.

Thunder and Tink exchanged a look.

"Race?" Tink questioned. "I mean, I guess he has been pretty stressed all week so you'd be able to feel-" he started.

Spot's eyes shot open in realization. "It was Race," he whispered, his eyes wide. He looked at Tink. "I thought I was just stressed and nervous. The overwhelming feeling of anxiety all week wasn't just from me..." he trailed off.