Chapter 149 - Sprace (Spot x Race)

- Chapter 149 - Soccer Balls and Blushy Falls -
Warnings: mentions of hatred and being ignored, kinda angsty cause Spot and Race are a bit mad, mentions of punching a wall and getting injured, but it's mostly pretty fluffy, or at least the ending is
Modern AU
Third Person POV

Racetrack Higgins.

Possibly the most insufferable person on the face of the Earth.

No, Spot definitely did not have a crush on him.

He did not like Race's stunning smile that made any girl fall for him in a split second.

He did not like Race's dazzling blue eyes and sweet Italian accent.

He did not like Race's determination and ability to win anything he put his mind too.

Spot hated him, and everything about him.

Hotshot hummed. "Definitely." He stared at his fingernails, which were currently painted yellow and silver alternating, with little bees and stars on them. Tumbler had recently gotten into painting nails and Hotshot's had gone exactly two weeks without a manicure, so Tumbler convinced him to let him do his nails. "You don't like any of that stuff about him."

Spot clenched his fists. He slammed his locker closed.

Hotshot looked up. "Woah, Mr. Super Strength. Calm your butt down," he told him. "I'm just saying. For someone who "hates" Racetrack Higgins, you sure use some interesting adjectives to describe him."

Spot gritted his teeth. "That means nothing."

Hotshot hummed. "Mhm." He grabbed his book out of his locker. "I'm going to find my boyfriend. He's probably here antagonizing Smalls somewhere." He looked Spot up and down. "I hope Racetrack starts to become less of a pain to you."

"You and me both," Spot grumbled. He watched Hotshot walk away.

Just as the brown-haired boy walked away, another boy walked down the hallway.

And of course, it was Racetrack Higgins.

Spot frowned.

Race shot a group of girls, who were watching him, his signature smile as he walked — or maybe strutted — past them. He looked over at Spot, and smirked at him.

Spot rolled his eyes. "Stupid blond boy," he grumbled to himself as he walked away.

Race paused as he watched Spot walk off. He frowned.

Later in the day

"Spot really ignored you again?" Blink questioned as he changed for soccer.

Race frowned. He rolled his eyes and pulled off his shirt. "Yeah."

"He's got something going on in his head," Mush commented, tying his cleat laces.

Race sighed to himself. "Who knows. I mean, he's got all that he'd ever want, so why is he still mad at me?" he asked.

"Cause he's not thinking," Blink answered.