Chapter 18 - Multiple Ships (Mainly Spralbert.)

- Chapter 18 - Devils, Angels, and Fallen Angels  -
Warning: Mentions of Abuse, Anxiety
Soulmate/Modern AU
Third Person POV

A/N This story takes place in a Soulmate AU where you're either an Angel, a Devil, or a Fallen Angel. (I don't really know how to explain it.)

Groups -
Devils: Jack, Spot, Ace, Hotshot, Waves, Red, Blink, Romeo, Smalls, Henry, and Katherine

Angels: Race, Crutchie, Davey, Tommy boy, Mike, Ike, JoJo, Sarah, Mush, Specs, Elmer, and Buttons

Fallen Angels: Albert, Smokes, Finch, Sniper, Skittery, and Boots

Ships - Race x Albert x Spot, Crutchie x Elmer, Ike x Hotshot, Mike x JoJo, Henry x Buttons, Finch x Tommy boy, Sarah x Katherine, Davey x Jack, Specs x Romeo, Sniper x Smalls, Red x Boots, Smokes x Ace, Mush x Blink, Skittery x Waves

Race smiles as one of his friends, Ike, makes a joke, causing all of his friends to laugh.

They (him, Ike, Mike, Davey, Crutchie, JoJo, Tommy boy, and Elmer) were sat waiting for their other friends (Mush, Specs, and Buttons) to join them.

Race usually just hung out with Angels.

It wasn't because he didn't like Devils and Fallen Angels, but he didn't have a good past with them. Plus, the three groups usually stayed in their respective groups.

Usually.

Race knew some people who didn't, mainly Soulmates.

If there was one thing Race prayed for the most, it was that his Soulmates were both Angels.

Again, it was nothing against the Devils and Fallen Angels, but he avoided them as much as he could.

The only Fallen Angel Race was okay with was Elmer's brother, Elijah.

His mother was an Angel, and his father was a Fallen Angel, which was fine with Race.

Technically, they were Race's mother and father too, but Race had decided that he wasn't really okay with calling them that.

Race had an abusive father, who hated him for not being a Devil, and got worse after his mother (an Angel) died when he was six.

His father was arrested for child abuse and murder when Race was around age twelve, and ever since then, Race had been living as a foster kid with Elmer's family.

Race was fifteen now, so he didn't have the second Soulmate mark, but he had the first.

If he Soulmate (or he should say Soulmates) was sixteen, they had the second mark and could find him.

(It works where when you when you turn six, you get your Soulmate's mark and a piece of information about them, then it happens again when you're sixteen, twenty-six, and so on.)

Race sat on the ground, picking at the grass, when he heard people come over to him. He had been listening.

"I found my Soulmate," His friend, Mush, states with a grin, as he sits down.