Chapter 137 - Blush (Blink x Mush)

- Chapter 137 - Look at my Newsies Periodic Table of Broadway keychain! -
Warnings: death, sad Newsies, crying, denial, funerals
Canon Era
Third Person POV

A/N, I said I wasn't going to write this tonight, and then... I did. It was too good of an idea to pass up, especially when I haven't seen it done before and I was seeing reactions to my announcement lol
Sorry ( iwantaferret_ ), but I hope you all enjoy.

His grave was a light gray color.

Flowers surrounded it, looking almost as fresh as the flowers that were placed at his funeral.

But those flowers were dead.

Just as dead as he was.

Blink often wondered what Heaven was like.

Was there a God?

Were there multiple Gods?

Was he happy up there?

Maybe, he had successfully found another person up there, and decided he was done with Blink.

Or maybe he was watching over him, waiting for the day Blink would join him in Heaven.

Blink remembered the day he found out he had died vividly, far more vividly than he'd have liked to.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no," Blink started shaking violently as he looked between the two boys, "what are you saying?"

Oscar and Morris exchanged a worried and sad look.

Oscar bit his lip and looked back at Blink. "We're sorr-"

"No!" Blink's breathing became more ragged and forced. "No, no, no! You're lying to me! This is a prank!" He looked between them, his eyes softening. "Please, please tell me you're joking with me," he almost begged them.

"Blink-"

"STOP PLAYING!" Blink screamed, tears streaming down his cheeks. "Stop! Just stop..." his voice slowly got quieter and a sob escaped his lips.

A few people ran into the square.

"He- he can't be gone," Blink choked out a sob, crumbling to the ground.

Oscar took a step back, blinking back tears. "I'm sorry," he whispered. "We did the best we could."

Race and Albert quickly ran over to Blink, getting on their knees next to him.

Specs turned to Oscar and Morris. "What happened?" he asked, looking concerned.

Morris looked from his brother to Specs. He swallowed hard. "Mush is dead."

All three boys looked up at him.

"What?" Race was the first to utter something, but his voice was almost silent.

"We tried- we really, really tried," Oscar whispered, hugging himself. "He- Snyder- he- he- he went too far, and- and we couldn't help- him." A dry sob left his throat as he trembled.