Chapter 2 - Ralbert (Race x Albert)

- Chapter 2 - The Bookstore -
Warnings: Flirts and blushing
Modern AU
Third Person POV

Albert personally liked reading.

He usually only read fiction/adventure though.

He had liked Harry Potter when he was younger.

It wasn't very often that he stepped into a Book Store, but he did sometimes, and when he did, he usually went with Specs, and possibly Romeo, since Specs usually dragged him places.

This time, however, was different.

Today, Albert decided to go to a bookstore alone.

He opened the door, and a bell rang.

There was no one in there, but he knew he would probably see someone later.

He walked to the section of the store where the books he usually liked are and started looking around.

He looked around for a few minutes before finding a book he liked based on the back.

(I forgot what the back of a book is called.
The back?
The description?
A sneak peak?
I forgot.)

The Outsiders, by SE Hinton.

He had heard it was a good book, he had just never read it before.

He probably should've in school, like his friends, but for some unknown reason, he hadn't.

Albert looks for a few more minutes, before deciding that he was gonna just go with Outsiders, so he grabs it and heads to check it out.

At the front desk is a boy, one who Albert had thought he'd seen before.

The boy had curly, blonde hair, and bright blue eyes that out butterflies in Albert's stomach.

The boy was looking at his arm, clearly bored.

When Albert got closer to him, he saw that the boy was doodling on his arm.

Albert chuckles to himself, before setting the book down in front of the boy.

The boy looks up at him and smirks.

"What can I do for you pretty boy?" The boy asks Albert.

Albert blushes a little, and looks at the boys name tag.

Antonio.

"Well, Antonio, I would like to please check out this book." Albert tells him.

Antonio cringes at his name. "Please don't call me Antonio." He requests, staring to check out Albert's book. "My friends call me Race. Technically the name is Racetrack, but they call me Race or Racer for short. I've been trying to get this damn thing changed for a while now." He tells Albert, poking at his name tag.

Albert chuckles. "I could call you Cutie if you preferred." He responds with a smirk.

Race blushes, looking at his feet.

"I- I- uh-" Race stammers, his face slowly heating up the more he tried to respond.

Albert snickers. "Cat got your tongue?" He asks.

Race rolls his eyes, pretending he's not internally freaking out.

Race scans the book, before handing it back to Albert. "What's your name?" He asks, winking.

Albert turns red, looking away from Race.

Race laughs, amused at the flustered mess of a boy in from of him.