Chapter 134 - Race Centered

- Chapter 134 - He's Gone Through This All Before lol -
Warnings: mentions of kidnapping, stress, injuries, blood, fear, worry
Canon Era
Third Person POV

A/N, this is Canon Era one-shot that not only has Caleb and Carson in it (for anyone who doesn't know/remember them, they're Race's older brothers who run Queens), but it's also not really a ship one, technically. I may mention him being in a relationship with Spot (probably Spralmer), but it isn't really centered mostly around a ship. Enjoy!

Race groaned a bit, his hand on his head as he sat up. "Geez," he grumbled. "What did I do? Walk into a cupboard?"

A snicker sounded from in front of him.

Race's eyes shot open.

Darkness.

Literally, total blackness.

And Race knew that voice. Race's eyebrows furrowed. "That's not a Manhattan voice... and definitely not Brooklyn or Queens," he muttered, trying to remember the voice.

"That's right, Racer."

Race's eyebrows furrowed further. He knew that voice; it was on the tip of his tongue. "Richmond..." he mumbled, starting to remember little details. "Richmond, Richmond... who do I know was kicked from Rich-" a gasp escaped Race's lips. "Rush."

A snigger came from Rush as a light was turned on. "I'm quite impressed, I must say," he commented.

Race cringed at the sudden bright light, squinting his eyes as he tried to get used to the light. He could tell you one thing for sure; this light wasn't helping the pain coming from his head.

Rush looked him over. "But, what can I say? You were one of the smartest Manhattan boys," he commented, his voice just lower than Race remembered. "And the smartest out of your brothers. You were the math-brained one, I remember."

Race's face scrunched up. "It's creepy how much you remember about me when I haven't seen you in like two years," he commented, just now realizing that his hand was tied to a pole.

Rush's lips seemed to curl upwards in a smirk. "I've had Newsies tailing you for weeks." He gestured to Newsies on either side of the room.

Race just noticed them, starting to study them. When he did get out, his brothers, Jack, and Spot liked knowing who hurt him and who was in on the plan, so picking up as many details as he could helped.

Plus, Race was decent at reading people. If he could figure out who he could press for answers without them snapping, he may get out faster.

"You know, gotta know who you're talking about," Rush told Race, a lazy smirk playing on his lips. "After all, it helps the plan."

Race sighed deeply, looking back at him. "Why am I here, Rush?" he questioned. "Why have you had Newsies tailing me for weeks?" He really couldn't believe that there had been Newsies tailing him for weeks and he hadn't noticed; he was usually pretty observant.

"Aww, Racer," Rush stuck out his bottom lip and patted Race's head, "you're a smart boy. I bet you can figure it out." He smirked at him.

Race scowled, ducking so Rush wasn't touching his head. "Don't touch me," he told him. "And really? What is it? Revenge? You want power? You're mad at one of my brothers?" he questioned, knowing.

Rush blinked. "Uh-"

"Listen, Rush, if you've been tailing me or even just living in the Newsie world for the past few years, you'll know that I've been around the block a few times," Race reminded him. "I've been kidnapped multiple times, even by my abusive father, I was almost murdered, along with my brothers, by two Queens boys who wanted power, and they kinda almost murdered me more than they almost murdered my brothers," he mumbled, "but they still tried," he stated. "I've been kidnapped twice because someone either wanted revenge on Spot or wanted power, so I'm not new to this."