Chapter 54 - Knobs the Newsie

- Chapter 54 - Meet Knobs and Dice -
Warnings: Slight insults, mainly fluff and Brooklyn is still flirty
Canon Era
Third Person POV

A/N, the wonderful Yo_This_Is_Bogus has informed me that there is a Newsie called Knobs and he's a bean. Look at him!
Yeah, so I'm writing about him and his love interest, Dice (They/Them.)
Enjoy!

Knobs groans softly.

Race shakes him awake. "Knobs!" He exclaims. "You're usually the easiest to get up!" He complains.

Knobs opens his eyes slightly, staring up at Race.

"He was in Brooklyn last night." Finch states with a smirk. "Pretty late, I'd say."

"How'd you know?" Knobs mutters, his French accent poking through his obvious Manhattan accent as he spoke while he rubbed his eyes.

"You didn't come home till around Midnight." Jack points out, standing in the doorway, his arms crossed.

Knobs sits up in his bunk, rubbing his eyes. "'Course Jacky'd know." He mumbles tiredly. "He knows everything."

Jack chuckles. "And guess who brought you home last night." He tells the younger boy.

Knobs looks down at himself, now noticing that he was wearing a red undershirt that was definitely too big for him.

Knobs turns bright red, hiding his face in his shirt. "They did not." He mutters, his hazel brown eyes squeezed shut.

The other boys in the room chuckle.

"They did." Race responds, staring at Knobs, his arms crossed. "And I will drag you to the Distribution Center if you don't get up."

Knobs' eyes widen as he quickly gets up.

"Let's not scare the innocent bean." Buttons tells Race softly, his hands on Race's shoulders.

Race rolls his eyes, walking out of the room.

"Someone's in a bad mood." Henry mutters, slipping his shirt over his head.

"Albert," Mike starts, switching his and Ike's vests. "Go see your boyfriend."

Albert shrugs, making his bed.

Knobs noticed a note fall off of his bed when he started making it.

He picks it up, opening it to read it.

Mon Trésor,

You're awfully cute when you're sleeping.

Come visit in Brooklyn again tomorrow, I'll be waiting.

- Dicer
(P.S. My shirt looks better on you than it does on me ;)

Knobs turns bright red, but smiled a bit.

Dice's handwriting was horrible, but it was improvement from where he had started and Knobs loved it nonetheless.