Chapter 112 - Race x Spot x Albert x Finch

- Chapter 112 - "You Can't Outrun It." -
Warnings: Mentions of bad pasts, fear of Soulmates, degrading
Modern/Soulmate AU
Third Person POV

"You can't outrun it."

"It's fate."

Race had heard that his whole life.

From everyone.

Yeah, well, he was determined to outrun it.

He was the fastest kid on his track team.

He could do it.

Race probably would've been a little more open minded if he didn't have three Soulmates.

But no.

Give the kid who has trauma related to this thing three Soulmates.

All of his friends were like "three times the love" and "more help to get over it" and Race was like "no".

Hence why, when his peaceful listening to Il Volo was interrupted by bumping into someone and suddenly he could see everything in color, Race panicked.

There were two boys in front of Race.

Race pulled off his headphones. "Sorry," he muttered, trying to walk past them.

The boy he hadn't bumped into stopped him. "Hey, wait."

Race cringed.

The first boy pulled out his phone and was now talking to someone.

The boy who had stopped Race - it was a redhead - smiled. "Hi," he started.

"Bye." Race pushed past him. When he was past him, he took off.

Those stills from track sure came in handy sometimes.

The two boys watched him in shock.

"He has just run off..." Finch trailed off, still slightly surprised. "I don't think he really likes Soulmates," he concluded.

Albert chuckled. "Don't worry," he looked at Finch, "we'll find him again. It's only fate."

And Race very much did bump into them again.

Only, not just once.

Three more times.

The first time

Race was humming Il Volo's version of "Nel blu, dipinto di blu (Volare)" as he looked for spaghetti.

After a few minutes, he stopped and asked someone in the store.

The person shrugged. "If you can't find it, we probably don't have it." They walked off.

Race blinked. "Non hai gli spaghetti?" he repeated. "Che tipo di negozio è questo?" he grumbled as he walked off to find the other few items he needed.