Chapter 127 - Newsies Placement Ships

- Chapter 127 - Albert x Buttons -
Warnings: none! It's all fluff (with a bit of stress, but not much)
Canon Era
Third Person POV

A/N, when was the last time I did Newsies Placement Ships? March 28th (or 21st, I don't know which), 2021.
It's been a while, NPS. Let's see if I can actually finish them lol.

Love.

That's what Albert called Buttons.

Well, either that, "B", or "Cutie", but you get the point.

See, Buttons took that to the next level by constantly calling Albert "Love" in multiple other languages.

How many languages did Albert speak?

One.

English.

However, he could debatably speak and understand a few words in Italian and Spanish, thanks to being best friends with Race and JoJo.

On the other hand, how many languages could Buttons speak?

Five.

Here are the five different languages and different times Buttons has, 1) used them, and 2) called Albert a pet name in said language. Plus, one of the many times Albert got Buttons back for making him blush.

Idioma uno
Spanish

Buttons sighed. "Sí, lo sé, Jo," he responded as he sat on the top of the couch. "Sin embargo, vender con Elmer no ayuda en nada y solo los distrae a ambos, lo que hace que se olviden del hecho de que necesitan vender," he pointed out.

(A/N, to my Spanish speaking readers (and or just English speakers who didn't look at the comments already): please look at the comment thread in the paragraph above this (and or any other paragraph comment thread - if there is one - if the translation is wrong. I don't speak any language other than English and Italian, and I'm still learning Italian.)

JoJo grumbled softly, crossing his arms. "¡Pero nos divertimos juntos!" he responded. "¿No quieres que seamos felices, Buttons?" he questioned.

Buttons shot him a look. "No intentes hacerme sentir mal," he told him. "Puedes divertirte después de vender."

JoJo pouted. "Esto no es justo," he mumbled, before walking off.

Buttons sighed to himself, looking down at his redheaded boyfriend who sat on the couch. He played with his hair. "Sometimes I feel like an extra parent," he mumbled.

Albert raised an eyebrow at him, his head leaned back against the couch as he looked up at him. "What happened?"

Buttons shrugged, sliding down onto the couch next to him. "Davey told JoJo and Elmer that it wasn't a good idea for them to sell together tomorrow, so JoJo came to me because he wanted to know if they could when Davey had kinda already given them an answer," he explained. "I figure Davey's with Jack because Jack is weak to their puppy eyes, and that's why they haven't gone to him yet," he informed his boyfriend.

Albert chuckled. "That is fair."

Buttons shrugged again. "I mean, I'd feel sad if I really wanted to sell with my best friend and couldn't, but they sometimes don't take "no" for an answer," he said.