Chapter 35 - Newsies Placement Ships

- Chapter 35 - Jack x Crutchie -
Warnings: I prefer them as brothers, but I can do this. Also, Crutchie is a cinnamon roll
Canon Era
Third Person POV

Jack was walking past the side of the Lodge, when he heard a voice.

"Hey, Jacky!"

Jack looks up, seeing his boyfriend grinning at him form on the fire escape, waving.

Jack chuckles a bit, his hand over his mouth slightly. "Crutchie, I love you, but how did you get up there?" He asks softly.

Crutchie purses his lips, swinging his legs a bit as they dangled over the side. "Climbed up here to talk to Race since he was being rude to himself again," Crutchie scratches the back of his head. "And then he left..." he mutters innocently.

Jack chuckles again, arms crossed and shaking his head a bit.

That kid...

"Do you need help getting down?" Jack asks the younger boy.

Crutchie shakes his head. "I can do it!" He exclaims, looking determined.

Oh God...

Jack stands below him, watching to make sure he didn't hurt himself.

Crutchie purses his lips again and furrows his eyebrows, looking around.

"Uh..." he mutters, staring at his crutch.

Crutchie looks at Jack. "I need help." He tells Jack innocently.

Jack chuckles. "I figured." He stands below Crutchie. "Jump and I'll catch you."

Crutchie looked nervous, but he trusted Jack.

He tosses his crutch down, watching Jack catch it and place it leaning against the wall.

Jack makes a motion for him to jump.

Crutchie slides off of the edge.

The next thing he knew, he was safely in Jack's arms and Jack placed him so he was standing on his good foot, Jack holding him.

"Wow." Crutchie looks up at Jack, his eyes filled with awe. "That was fun."

Jack chuckles. "Yeah, let's not try that again." He tells Crutchie.

Crutchie nods.

Jack grabs his crutch, handing it to him.

Crutchie smiles up at him, slipping the crutch under his arm.

"Now," Crutchie starts, turning away from Jack. "I need to go find Race."

He starts hobbling off, his crutch helping him walk.

Jack chuckles. "Baby," he starts.

Crutchie turns to face him, his crutch making a soft thump when he places it, like it always did.

"What if I go find him for you and bring him to your bunk?" Jack suggests.