Chapter 57 - Knobs x Dice

- Chapter 57 - Sick, but Still Smart -
Warnings: Sickness?
Canon Era
Third Person POV

Requested by the lovely skitts_kiel who also thought of the idea.
Also, I need a ship name for Knobs and Dice cause my best one is Knice (pronounced nice) lol.

Knobs stumbled into the Lodge.

The boys all look up at him.

Knobs face was pale, his eyes glossed over like he was going to cry, and his knees were shaking, looking (and feeling) so weak that they might collapse under him.

"I think I- need to..." the boy's voice sounded weak and groggy. "Rest..." he didn't finish the word when he started falling.

Henry and Finch shot up, almost knocking each other over when they caught him.

Knobs wasn't as pale as some of the other boys, but his skin wasn't dark. It wasn't tan either, and it was winter.

Jack shoots up. "Specs," he starts.

Specs was already running to grab medicine and stuff.

"Boot, Blink, go get Davey please." Jack tells them, taking Knobs' hand. "Wear extra layers, it's freezing out, and I want Mush going with you as well." He states.

The three boys nod, grabbing their stuff and leaving the Lodge.

"Henry, Finch, upstairs please." Jack tells them, letting go of Knobs' hand.

His skin was freezing and his lips were turning blue.

Jack turns to face the other boys.

He looks between them. "Who can I send to Brooklyn?" He mutters to himself.

Race immediately stands up. "I'll go. I'll get Dice and get them here quickly." He tells Jack.

Jack looked conflicted as he looked at the younger boy.

"I'll wear extra layers." Race tells Jack, a bit of pleadingness in his voice. "Please, Jack. We have to get Dice here quickly and I know all of the backroads." He reminds him. "I can navigate them and figure out which ones will be quickest and warmest."

Jack sighs. "Fine, but I want Albert and the twins going with you." He states, leaving no room for argument.

Race nods, grabbing multiple layers.

Albert hands him a shirt and socks (that were Albert's) for extra protection and Race took them without argument.

Jack stops him as he tries to leave. "Be careful, Racer." He tells him softly. "I don't want you hurt, and I can't have my second freezing on me." He states.

Race goes to respond.

Jack pulls him into a hug, cutting him off. "I love him too much for that to happen." He whispers.

Race hugs him back. "I'll be back in a bit. Some of the backroads may be a bit dangerous, but I know some people and some of them block the wind," he explains.