Chapter 100 - Ralbert (Race x Albert)

- Chapter 100 - Stolen Hearts and Broken Hearts -
Warning: Angst, crying, threats, sold into marriage, Snyder, abuse, anxiety
Modern AU
Third Person POV

A/N, ahhhhhhh!!!! Chapter 100!! Yay!!! I can't believe I've made it this far!! Thank you all for sticking around, and thank you to everyone who voted! I'm gonna try to get the other chapters out soon. This is angsty (with a happy ending), but it's less like bloody angst than it is emotional. Enjoy!!!

Alone.

Race felt alone.

He felt alone a lot, but he especially felt alone now.

His crush and best friend, Albert...

He broke his heart and Race hated himself for doing that to the redhead.

But he had to.

"Anthony!" George Higgins shouts from the living room of his house. "Get in here!" He yells.

Race gets up hastily, putting his homework book down. He knew not to anger his father. He quickly leaves the room he called his own and goes into the living room.

Race stops in his tracks when he exits his room, the door shut behind him.

His father was there, which wasn't unusual, but so was Snyder, a man Race had never met, Oscar and Morris Delancey, and a girl.

The girl was about Race's height, if not a tiny bit taller. She had blonde hair and blue eyes; close to Race's, though they somehow looked completely different otherwise. She had some makeup on and was wearing a semi-fancy white dress.

Race's eyes widen. Snyder...

George Higgins grins evilly. "Anthony," he starts.

"Antonio." Race whispers, still looking at the people in the room.

George Higgins frowns. "Shut your mouth unless you've been told to speak, boy." He growls out.

Race got the hint and shut his mouth.

The girl looks at George Higgins and rests her arm gently on his. "Mr. Higgins, if I may," she starts.

George looks over at her. He nods.

"Maybe we should call him Antonio." The girl suggests. "That way he'll be a little more obedient." She says, the smile on her face making Race feel the slightest bit of uneasiness, but he figured that was just because he had a hard time trusting people.

Race scowls slightly. I'm not a dog who's taught to be obedient, he thinks to himself, though he knew not to say that out loud, especially not with Snyder there.

George nods. "Alright, then." He looks at Race. "Antonio,"

Race could hear his hesitation and disgust saying his real name.

"This is Madison." George Higgins informs him. "She is your girlfriend and will be your wife when you are eighteen." He tells him.