Chapter 107 - Spralmer (Spot x Race x Albert x Elmer) - Pt. 3

- Chapter 107 - I Don't Have a Title lol -
Warnings: Mentions of abuse and death, hospitals, crying, scared, injuries
Modern/Soulmate AU
Third Person POV

"What if they hate me?" Race asks nervously, looking into Jack's eyes, his blue eyes big.

Jack blinks. "They ain't gonna hate you," he tells him. "to be fair, they'll probably fall headfirst if they look into your eyes for even one second." He comments.

Race blushes.

Crutchie chuckles. "He's not wrong."

Race rolls his eyes. "My eyes aren't that special." He responds grumpily, laying back against the pillow that was propped up against the wall.

"Why don't we let them in and ask them?" Jack suggests.

Race looks at the wall behind Jack, avoiding his eyes. "My mama and dad were Soulmates," he whispers. "Look how that turned out..." his eyes drop, a sadness filling them.

Crutchie's eyes soften. "Your mom passed away after fighting a brave battle with cancer." He reminds him, bobbling over to the bed and sitting down next to Race. "Your dad is grieving. It doesn't make what he's done okay, but your parents," he gently lifts Race's chin to stare into his eyes. "Were perfect for each other when she was alive. Believe that you can have that." Crutchie tells him.

Race sighs softly. "It's just hard," he whispers, staring into Crutchie's blue eyes.

The brown-haired boy smiles sadly. "I know it is." He uses his other hand to gently rub circles into the back of Race's hand. "But we're here for you and as far as I know, they're really nice and willing to do anything to help you and each other." He assures him.

Race nods, before cringing again. His hand immediately shoots up to his head.

"Alright, I have rules for them." Jack states, his arms crossed as he watches Race.

"Dear God." Race mutters as he looks up at his oldest brother.

Jack shoots him a look. "Only hand touches, I don't want them hurting you." He states.

Race deadpans at him. "But if you won't give me cuddles, how will I get cuddles?" He asks him.

Jack ignores his question. "Rule two-" he starts.

"Or we could lay off on the rules for today." Crutchie suggests, looking up at Jack from where he sat next to Race.

Jack looks at him. "But Charlie..." he whines. "Safetyyyy, they could be evillllll." He tells him, looking desperate, and kinda pathetic.

Crutchie shoots him a look. "You're so helpful when getting him to trust them." He deadpans.

Jack mutters a 'sorry'.

"They're not evil. You just want to hold onto Race a little bit longer because Soulmates means he's growing up." Crutchie comments.

Jack doesn't respond.

"Aww!" Race smirks. "You do care about me!" He exclaims.

Jack rolls his eyes. "So annoying." He grumbles.

"Why don't you go cuddle Davey while Race and his Soulmates get to know each other?" Cructhie suggests.

Jack begrudgingly leaves the room.

Crutchie hugs Race, squeezing his hand, before following Jack out.

Race leans back against the pillow, sighing softly. Now I just wait.