Chapter 73 - Orace (Oscar x Race) - Part 2 -

- Chapter 73 - To the Lab -
Warnings: Murder, abuse, jail, needles, character death
Modern/idek AU
Third Person POV

A/N, a part 2 was requested by the amazing queenofnarnia101 and PRIDE1028CACTUS

"Get away from me!" Oscar yells, trying to get away from Snyder, who was still hugging him to his chest.

"It's okay, Oscar." Snyder whispers in his ear as he watches the men in lab coats take Race away. "It'll be alright. You weren't meant to know him anyways."

"Damn well I know him!" Oscar shouts, tears streaming down his face. "He's my boyfriend and he's in the same classes as I am!"

Snyder was still calm. "Seems like we'll have to change that won't we?" He asks. "Or they'll do it for us."

Oscar breaks down sobbing in his arms, collapsing.

Snyder just holds him.

"Quit acting like you care." Oscar tries to snap, but his voice broke. "You just sent my- my boyfriend- to- there." He whispers.

Snyder doesn't respond.

Oscar heard feet running and felt himself get dropped on the floor.

Oscar just laid there on the floor, his sobs drowning out anything else that was happening.

"Oscar," he heard someone whisper, sounding concerned.

"Go away." Oscar mutters, his shaking hands covering his ears.

"Oscar, it's Morris and Jack." He felt them gently take his hands off of his ears.

Oscar looks up at them, a fresh round of tears stinging his eyes.

"Where's Race?" Jack asks, a bit concerned.

"They took him." Oscar whispers, tears sliding down his face. "Snyder- told the-them. They're gonna hurt him- or- or do some-thing!" He tells them.

Jack pulls his phone out of his pocket, finding that Davey was already calling. "Davey-" he starts when he answers, putting it on speaker.

"Ask questions of how I know this later, but Race is at the laboratory that they put the set emotion in babies!" Davey exclaims, sounding rushed. "Meet is there as fast as possible!" He tells him.

Jack nods, quickly hanging up the phone and putting it in his pocket.

"Come on," Morris whispers, helping his younger brother us. "We have a Newsie to save." He says softly.

Oscar nods.

He looks back at Snyder, who was bleeding (not badly) and a bit bruised as he laid, unconscious, on the ground.

He turns around to look at Morris and Jack.

Jack just grabs his arm and starts pulling him along. "He deserved it, now let's go." He states.