Chapter 90 - Blush (Blink x Mush)

- Chapter 90 - A Pirate's Interest -
Warnings: Uh... flirty pirates? Mentions of kidnapping and the evil Delanceys
Pirate AU
Third Person POV

A/N, so this is an idea that I got from PineapplesAndPapes a while ago and so I'm writing it now lol.

"Jolly rancher! This is the third time this week that I've been kidnapped!" Mush exclaims, tugging at the ropes around his wrists.

JoJo looks over at him. "You have jolly ranchers?" He asks, slightly hopeful.

Mush exhales slowly. "Not the time." He mutters, looking at the brown haired boy. "But yes, would you like one?" He asks.

JoJo smiles. "Yes, please."

Mush maneuvers his hands around the rope a certain way so he could reach into his pocket and pull out a jolly rancher.

Mush hands it to JoJo.

JoJo squints his eyes, straining them to try and see the color in the darkness. "This ain't cherry, is it?" He asks slowly. "Or strawberry... or watermelon...?"

Mush sighs exasperatedly. "Josephine Jorgelino De La Guerra," he starts. "Would I ever give you something you're allergic to?" He asks.

JoJo shakes his head.

"Eat the darn blueberry jolly rancher." Mush tells him.

JoJo plops the jolly rancher into his mouth.

Mush heard chuckles from in front of him.

Mush's cheeks heat up slightly.

He didn't know he could find someone's laugh/chuckle attractive and then he heard this laugh.

Mush mentally facepalms. Don't you dare fall for someone based on their laugh, Nicolas.

A candle was lit in front of him, illuminating a boy's face.

The boy smirks at Mush.

He had an eyepatch, sandy-colored blonde-brown hair, brown eyes, pale skin, and a few freckles.

Fish sticks, he's cute. Despite the growing blush on Mush's face, he forced himself to keep a calm exterior and keep his eyes on the pirate.

The pirate looks Mush up and down. "We did save you from the Delanceys." He points out.

Mush scoffs. "By kidnapping us in the process." He responds, a slight glare in his gaze.

Mush's eyes drifted over to the boys around him.

The candle light only showed a few of them.

JoJo looks at one of the boys.

A brown-haired, brown-eyed, and pale-skinned boy met his eyes.

The boy's eyes widen, his face turning bright red. "Ike." He squeaks, running over to another boy and digging his head in his arms.