Chapter 97 - Spralbert (Spot x Race x Albert) - Part 3

- Chapter 97 - Learning and Loving -
Warnings: Abuse, injuries, blood, burns, crying, anxiety, mentions of death
Modern AU
Third Person POV

Antonio was suddenly aware of all of the pain in his body.

After not being in his body for two days, he wasn't as used to the pain as he had been.

Antonio almost immediately grabs his arms, hissing in pain as he steps back. "What'd you do?" He croaks out.

Spot cringes slightly. "I spoke back to him not knowing what would happen." He answers softly. "Why don't we treat those?" He asks.

"No!" Antonio shouts before he could stop himself. "I'm sorry- no, no, no." He shakes his head quickly. "I'm fine. I gotta get home."

"You can't go home." Albert tells him, looking really worried.

Antonio looks up at him. "Why not?" He snaps.

Albert flinches, stepping back slightly in shock.

He knew and understood why Antonio was defensive, but this was definitely not his idea of the ideal first conversation he wanted to have with his Soulmates.

"Because I did not go through all that trouble to get you out of there for nothing." Spot responds, his teeth gritted. "I can't let you go back there and just sit here and do nothing." He tells him. "It's not rig-" he starts.

"Well it's how it works." Antonio snaps, glaring as he stares into Spot's eyes. "I need to go back. We're all dead if I don't." He tells him.

"But you don't have to." Albert says quietly, deciding to take a softer approach to this. "There's stuff we can do to ensure that he'll never come near you again." He tells Antonio.

A bit of the tension in Antonio left him as he straightened up a bit and looked over at Albert, his glare slightly less strong. "Like what?" He whispers, sounding broken. "I tried running, trust me, but Snyder found me every time and brought me back to him." Antonio looked defeated. "Then, they both beat me."

Jack couldn't stop a gasp from leaving him.

Antonio looks over at him with a slightly dirty look on his face.

"You know Snyder?" Jack whispers, his eyes wide.

Blink and Crutchie's eyes went wide as well.

Antonio looked confused. "Yeah? He was my father's best friend." He informs him. "They'd beat me when they were in the mood or I did something wrong and if my father didn't want to deal with me, he just..." he swallows hard. "...sent me to Snyder." He finishes.

"He was our foster guardian." Blink whispers, gesturing between him, Jack, and Crutchie. "With Al and Tommy, too." He adds.

Antonio squints his eyes at them. "I've seen you before." He whispers. "Sorry, seeing is hard when I'm tired and my vision is blurry."

Albert, Specs, and Cloth seemed to instantly get concerned.

Specs walks into the room and stand in front of Antonio.