Richie Tozier-Opposites

The last day of school, some see it as the best day of the year some see it as the worst.

Y/n was walking down the hall with the idiots she calls friends, she wasn't sure how they had not gotten her killed yet or better yet themselves.

They were talking about Stanley's bar mitzvah, but Y/n had zoned out of the conversation long ago, just wanting to get out of the crowded halls and outside to figure out what she was going to do all summer.

'Oh poor thing didn't know what was coming.'

Deep in her thoughts she hadn't noticed Richie talking to her.

"Hey....Y/n...Hello?" He started to wave his hand over her face "Y/n?"

"What Richie?" Y/n sighed still just wanting to leave.

"You spaced out, Thinking of me?" He joked as he attempted to wink.

"In your dreams, Tozier" she fired back.

"Oh, in my dreams we do other stuff" he stated as he wiggled his eyebrows.

The other losers watched as the girl fussed at him for the gross comment wishing they would just get together and save them the misery.

Finally making it outside they dumped all of the contents out of their bags "Best. Feeling. Ever." Stan said as he finished cleaning out his bag.

"Tell me about it!" Y/n said agreeing.

"Yeah, try tickling your pickle for the first time!" Richie smirked.

"Richie I swear-" The girl spoke only to be cut off.

"Hey," Eddie spoke to try and stop the soon-to-be fight "what do you guys wanna do tomorrow?"

"Start my training" Richie spoke once again

"Is that really how you wanna spend your summer, inside an arcade?" Eddie questioned

"Beats spending it inside your mom! ohhhh!" Richie put his hand up for a high five from Stan who only pulled it back down.

He turned to his other side, putting his hand up once more, looking at Y/n for support. She shook her head, and he put his hand down in defeat.

"Betty Ripsom's mom." Eddie stated motioning over to the mom of the girl who had recently gone missing.

"Do you think they'll find her?" Eddie asks, clearly scared.

"Yeah in a ditch. Decomposed, covered with worms, smelling like eddies moms-" Richie teased.

"Shut up! Gross." Eddie cuts him off, not wanting to hear anymore.

"She's not dead, she's m-missing" Bill stated. Y/n looked at bill with sadden eyes knowing it would take a miracle for the younger boy to still be alive.

"Right, sorry guys. she's missing" Richie corrected himself while fixing his glasses.

"Nice going, idiot" Y/n spoke to Richie.

Right as Richie went to respond he got pushed back into Stan who dragged Y/n with him. Y/n groaned in pain but sat up to make sure Stan and Richie were okay.

"Hey, nice frisbee." Y/n heard another person, Patrick say before throwing the kippah onto a passing bus.

Y/n to deep in thought didn't see Richie knell beside her checking to see if she okay.

"Y/n..Y/n..Can you hear me..........Oh my...you've gone deaf!" Richie spoke panicked.

"I'm not deaf Richie" The girl rolled her eyes.

"Well it wouldn't hurt to answer then would it!" Richie shot back.

"I didn't hear you." Y/n defended herself.

"How? I'm literally right in front of you?" Richie fired again.

"We kinda have other things to worry about." Y/n stood up switching topics.

Stan who had been watching Richie freak out joined the two again when they walked towards Bill.

Henry was right in Bills face "This summer's gonna be a hurt train for you and your friends." He spoke before licking his hand and rubbing it on Bills face.

Before Henry walked away, he spotted Y/n. "Hey, why don't you come hang out with us big boys, who could show you a good time, instead of these losers?"

Richie was fuming with anger the only thing stopping him from attacking bowers, or at least trying to, was Stan who was holding him back.

Y/n wanted to puke at his words, but responded anyways "The only losers I see are you and your friends, and you just told me not to hang with losers so.....that's a bit hypocritical."

Henry glared at her, while Richie admired her.

Henry turned and walked away like a toddler, trying to save his ego.

"Wish he'd go missing." Eddie finally spoke.

"He's probably the one doing it." Richie chimed in.

All the boys turned to Y/n, who was staring where Henry was standing not seeming to have heard what they were saying, Richie walked closer and tapped on her shoulder.

Y/n jumped and turned "Yeah, trashmouth?"

"Zoned out again." Richie spoke calmly, which shocked the other three boys he didn't have a stupid remark back.

She only nodded before Stan spoke, "what you said to bowers was awesome, y/n"

"Thanks, I know!" Y/n gloated fake flipping her hair "I should get going now see ya later."

The four boys all said their goodbyes, before Y/n started to ride her bike towards her house.

Not long after she left she heard another bike behind her not thinking much over she continued, till she heard her name.

"Y/n" it was Richie she slowed down her bike letting Richie catch up.

"Whatcha need?" he panted as he spoke "I uh...needed to tell you something."

"What?" the girl spoke growing impatient

Richie now panicking at her tone rushed out a sentence "Ikindalikeyou."

"What?" Y/n asked for the second time

Richie who once again panicked went with the first idea he had, he leaned down towards her capturing her lips into a kiss.

It was Y/n's turn to panic but not for long she soon kissed back putting her hand on his jaw smiling into the kiss, after a second they broke apart.

"That." Richie said out of breath again.

"I see." Y/n spoke still smiling.

"Soo...." Richie said not knowing what else to do.

"Wanna hang out?" Y/n asked not sure what else to say either.

"Totally" The boy spoke putting his arm around the girl .
_______________________________________________________
I like the ending of this one the middle could use some work although I somehow reached over a thousand words don't know how.

Also comment if you want I would love your feedback I don't wanna write if it sucks.

Have a good day or night!❤️

Word count:1083
Posted: 3/16/21
Edited:7/16/21 (let's just pretend this is awesome and has good comebacks in it alright?)