Stanley uris-Define

"You know, instead of staring at me you could be proof reading our paper." Y/n said not looking up from the poster in front of her.

Stan continued to gaze lovingly at her, his arm resting on the library table supporting his head.

"What are you?" He asked ignoring her previous statement.

"What am I?" Y/n said looking up from the poster confused.

"No—I mean like, what defines you?"

"To define is to limit" Y/n said looking back down at the poster.

Stanley's eyebrows pulled together.

"What does that mean?"

"To define would mean to limit the opportunity for change." Y/n muttered leaning over the table for her pen.

"Not necessarily." Stan said not understanding her thought process.

"Once you define yourself that's all people see—your definition. No room to change."

Y/n sighed when she saw no change in Stanley's confused face.

"Let's say an apple wanted to be an Orange," Y/n began, "so it goes through—uh...whatever genetic mutation change and is now a orange on the inside."

"It would still be an apple." Stan said still not understanding.

Y/n clicked her fingers and winked.

"To other people." Y/n said. "But if you take that same apple and bite into it and it tastes like an orange...what is it? Apple or an orange?"

Stanley paused thinking ab his answer before letting out a breathe of air realizing he didn't have one.

"Gotcha." Y/n whispered smiling.

Stanley smiled at the sight of hers.

"To define is to limit." Y/n muttered standing and walking over to one of the book shelves for a book needed for the project.

Stan opened his mouth to say something else before a loud voice cut him off.

"Stanley! We're here to save you from this hellhole!"

Stanley sighed and looked towards the voice seeing none other than Richie Tozier.

"Shhh." The librarian shushed Richie.

Richie grimaced before looking back at Stan.

Stan had begun to stand and grab his bag pulling it over his shoulder and walk towards his friends.

"Bye Stanny." Y/n said in a sing-Song voice.

Stan muttered back a bye choosing not to say anything about the nickname.

"So...how was your date?" Richie said wiggling his eyebrows.

"It wasn't a date." Stan said with a hint of disappointment in his voice.

Stan again began to stare at Y/n, who was still looking through the books.

Her lips turned slightly into a smirk. She knew he was looking.

Stan slightly smiled at her reaction.

"W-What are you guh-guys then?" Bill asked watching both of them silently interact.

Stan turned towards him still slightly smiling before walking past them calling out to them.

"To define is to limit."

"Limit what?" Richie asked following him out of the library.

"The chance for something more." Stan said grinning.
_________________________________

First update in like forever?? Slay fr

Anyways enjoy Feedback is very much enjoyed by me 

Word count: 483
Posted: 11/15/22