Mike Hanlon-Normal day

Y/n had started her day like any other.

Got up, ate, told her mother she was leaving, and then left her house to cause trouble or even just walk around the town of Derry, Maine.

But today wouldn't be her ordinary day.

It was summer and Y/n enjoyed this time, even though she never had much to do, she wasn't at school and that counted for something.

She often found herself thinking of if she would ever leave the town, she called home. Some days she wanted to pack up and leave that second, but others she felt like she would be leaving a piece of herself with the town.

She was currently walking through the woods waisting time before she went back to town for lunch, when she heard her name.

"Y/n." the voice said in a whisper.

Y/n turned around looking where the sound of her name came from, not seeing anything she turned back around and kept walking thinking it was only her imagination.

"Y/n." the voice said a little louder.

Y/n this time looked all around her trying to spot where the noise was coming from. She stayed silent not wanting to reveal her location and pull the voice closer to her.

"Y/n." the voice said tauntingly.

Y/n froze in her spot, not sure what to do, she wanted run but knew she would step on leafs and sticks that might crack and attract the voice towards her, but something grabbed her attention before she could decide what to do.

A Red Balloon.

The red balloon was stuck in a tree, but something about it formed goosebumps all over Y/n's arms and legs, it soon started moving as if the wind was blowing it towards her, but there was no wind.

Her eyes widened at the sight, she wanted to turn and run she really did but she couldn't, but the longer she stayed the closer the balloon got, till it was right in front of her.

Then a clown appeared faster then she could blink.

"Hi, Y/n." IT laughed.

Y/n mouth hung open gasping, like all the air hand been sucked out of her lungs. She started to back up not taking her eyes off the beast, but as she backed up it moved forward.

Y/n's back then hit a tree, she went to turn and run, but It had her arm before she could.

It sliced a long cut down her right arm, Y/n groaned in pain.

"Stop...please...please...stop." Y/n pleaded.

The clown only laughed reaching for her other arm.

Y/n knew she had to act fast, still in pain from the deep cut on her arm she reached and grabbed a loose stick from the tree breaking it off.

Giving it her best swing she whacked the clown in the head, it didn't do much, but loosened the grip on her arm enough to where she could pull it out.

She yanked her arm back and darted out of the woods not looking to see if the clown followed, she kept running till she was in town.

She finally glanced back, not getting enough time to look though before she ran into someone.

"Holy—" Y/n screeched before falling on the ground groaning.

The person she had run into was up first.

"Are you alright?" The person asked.

Y/n recognize the voice but didn't know why, she opened her eyes to see who she was talking too.

Mike, or in other words 'Home-schooled kid.' They hadn't talked to each other but both had heard of each other in this town secrets weren't really a thing, unless you minded your business but that still didn't matter sometimes.

Mike helped her up and she glanced behind her to make sure the clown was gone.

"Yeah...I'm fine." she spoke as if she didn't believe what she was saying.

Mike nodded, but stopped when he saw her arm.

"Wait, you arms cut real bad." Mike said grabbing her right arm gently to try and not hurt it any more then it already was.

"Oh...yeah that's fine." Y/n said trying to avoid the topic.

"I don't think it is, it's pretty deep, what happened?" Mike asked.

"Well...it's bit of a long story, but it's fine really." Y/n once again tried to move on.

"Bowers?" Mike questioned.

"Uh...well...yeah." Y/n lied.

Mike nodded then spoke, "I'm Mike, by the way."

"Y/n, sorry for running into you." Y/n responded remembering she had just knocked him over less than five minutes ago.

"It's fine, better running into me, then bowers finding you." mike comforted smiling at her.

Y/n nodded before Mike spoke again, "You really should get that looked at, it's pretty deep." he said pointing towards her arm.

Y/n looked down at her arm realizing that she would have to at least bandage it before she went home.

"I'll stop by the pharmacy, on my way home you don't need to worry." she said returning the smile to try and convince him she was fine.

"Here let me at least help you that's gonna be hard for you to bandage on your own." Mike offered.

"Alright." Y/n accepted.

"Maybe after, we can go to lunch, so I can make it up to you." Mike asked.

"Wasn't I the one who ran into you?" Y/n questioned jokingly.

"Yeah, but I'm using it as an excuse to take you out." Mike responded grinning at her.

"Smooth, let's go loverboy" Y/n smiled grabbing his wrist heading towards the pharmacy.
_______________________________________________________
Hey!! First Mike imagine!

But also the book has 60 reads!!!! that's very exciting, Thank You all for reading this it means a lot really!!!!

Comment or request if you'd like, I'd really appreciate it
I hope I'm doing well at writing these!

Have a good day or night! ❤️

Word count:949
Posted:3/20/21
Edited:8/4/21 (it's my birthday <3)