Mike Hanlon-Thrill seeker

Requested by: f1nn3yh3arts
(Hope its somewhat what you imagined!)

Mike biked along the woods taking his time and enjoying the fresh air as he returned home.

The ride was peaceful, quiet, nothing out of the ordinary. Till a blur of a body came seemingly out of no where falling onto the dirt just beside the road, taking in a sharp intake of air as they fell.

Mike stopped on the road watching as the person he hadnt yet identified bounced back up dusting off their hands onto their shorts.

"Y/n?" Mike called seeing Y/n's muscles tense before turning to look at him.

"Mike." Y/n said smiling, "How are you?"

"You're bleeding." Mike stated appearing not to have heard the question.

Y/n looked down to seeing blood he was talking about.

"It appears I am." Y/n said matter of factly.

"Do you—do you need help?" Mike asked finally dismounting his bike.

"No its fine. Just a scratch i'll live. You should see the mark from where i tripped over one of those tiny rocks—" Y/n turned slightly pointing back the way they came revealing said mark.

Mike grimaced at the sight, grabbing the first aid kit he had attached to his bike awhile ago, and walking over.

Y/n who was still talking on about how the injury happened, finally looked back at Mike watching him walk over.

"Sit down. I'll patch you up so you don't attract bears miles into the woods." Mike slightly smiled squatting in front of Y/n.

"Ha-ha very funny—wait is that a real thing?"

Mike let out an airy laugh, focusing on his work.

"It's not funny!" Y/n exclaimed pushing Mikes shoulder before deciding to retaliate, "Why do you have this anyways? Take some tumbles on your bike without the training wheels to balance you?"

Y/n smirked motioning to the first aid kit.

"Says the one who tripped over air back there."

Y/n groaned at the failed attempt of teasing, "It was a tree root, thank you very much."

Mike lightly scoffed finishing the bandages on Y/n's knees and arms.

"You know one of these days you're gonna end up in a full body cast. What are you? An adrenaline junkie?" Mike asked curiously.

"It's called thrill-seeking." Y/n said watching Mikes every move

Mikes eyebrows slightly raised at the response finishing the last bandage.

"Alright thrill-seeker. I'm all done."

Mike stood brushing his lips against Y/n's forehead, the motion was so soft, so careful, Y/n almost missed it.

Y/n froze, blushing at the small amount of affection.

"Y/n?" Mike asked holding his hand out for Y/n to take.

"Hm?" Y/n said looking at Mike again, "Oh."

Y/n took his hands standing. Y/n still holding Mikes hands stood still thinking of what to say next.

"Come with me."

"What?" Mike asked breaking from his dreamy stare at Y/n.

"Into the woods you know." Y/n grinned motioning back into the woods, "Maybe you can help prevent that full body cast."

Mike chuckled slightly squeezing Y/n's hands, "Appealing, yes. But I should probably be getting home."

Y/n groaned pulling on Mikes arm, "You're no fun. Please an hour! Thirty minutes even."

Mike grinned trying to look away from Y/n's pleading eyes.

"You're gonna be the death of me." Mike mumbled giving in.

"I'll try to avoid the tree roots. Promise."

———

Its been so long since ive updated this book so weird tbh.

I've e also been sorta trying out like a little more relaxed writing style just to switch it up see what I like yk.
Don't know if I like it a whole lot, I think it shows more of my own personality but I don't think people want that lol

Word count: 568
Posted: 4/2/23