Bill denbrough-Saving Georgie

On this rainy day in Derry Maine, Y/n was reading a random book from her shelve since she didn't have anything else to do.

Hearing a commotion outside she stood and went to her window to see what was happening.

Outside her window she spotted Georgie denbrough, her neighbor. She didn't know the family well but knew of them and would say hello or wave if she saw them.

She saw the younger denbrough boy fall, not seeing his older brother, Bill near him she ran to her closet to get her raincoat to go see if he was okay.

Once she had made it outside, Georgie was in front of a drainpipe, seemingly talking to someone.

"Georgie" Y/n called towards him pushing though the rain.

"Y/n?" The voice of Georgie called out.

"Yeah it's me, you alright?" She asked still not all the way to him.

"Yeah I'm just getting my boat" he spoke, pointing towards the drainpipe.

"How are you gonna get it from down there?" Y/n asked knowing he wouldn't be able to reach it.

"The clown is gonna help me" Georgie responded.

"What?" She asked blocking her eyes from the rain.

Georgie only pointed down that's when Y/n saw it, the clown stood in the drainpipe smirking at the two kids.

"What the-" she whispered shocked by the sight.

"Hi Y/n nice of you to join us" it said sweetly.

Y/n knew something was wrong for starters no normal human hangs out in drainpipes dressed like a clown offering to help a kid get his boat.

"Georgie, we should get you home" Y/n spoke trying to convince the boy to leave.

"But my boat" Georgie whined.

"You can have it, just come grab it" it said holding the boys boat.

Georgie went to grab the boat but Y/n pulled him back.

"Really Georgie we should get you home" she said not taking her eyes off the clown.

"But I want my boat"

"I'll make you another one, even better than the old one" she started pushing him towards his house.

As they were walking Y/n pushed Georgie towards the front so she could keep and eye of him.

"Where's Bill?" She asked making sure he wasn't hurt somewhere else.

"He's inside sick," Georgie turned his head towards Y/n "he made me the boat"

"Well maybe he can make you another" she said pushing him further glancing back to make sure the clown wasn't behind them.

"Maybe this one will be big enough to sail across the ocean with it" Georgie rambled stepping onto his porch.

"Maybe, can I join?" Y/n couldn't help but smile

"Yeah, it was your idea for a new boat anyways" he said as if it were obvious

Y/n knocked on the door, putting her arm around Georgies shoulder to try and keep him warm since they had been in the cold rain.

"Georgie you know the—Y/n?" Bill answered the door

"Yes, uh....it kinda a long story, but I was um...inside my house—" Y/n rambled trying to explain the story

"Just come in it's pouring" Bill cut her off waving them in

Georgie wandered upstairs, and Bill helped Y/n take off her raincoat and hang it up to dry, Y/n thanked him and followed him to his kitchen.

"So what happened?" Bill asked leaning against his kitchen counter.

"Oh yeah, uh..so I was inside my house right, and I heard this noise and looked outside.....and Georgie had fallen so I went out there to help him and....yeah here we are." Y/n said deciding to keep the clown part a secret.

"Is that all you look really frightened" he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah...just not a big rain fan" she said smoothing her soaked hair.

Bill nodded suspiciously not totally believing her, Georgie then came running down the steps.

"Bill, I lost my boat," he started "can you make me a new one?"

"Sure" Bill nodded looking towards him.

"Great, this one I want to be big enough to sail across the ocean" he said excitedly.

Bill laughed at the boys request.

"And it needs room for two, me and Y/n are gonna sail across the ocean" Georgie smiled.

Bill looked towards Y/n quirking his eyebrows, Y/n only shrugged with a small grin on her face.

"Do I not get to join?" Bill joked.

"Well I guess, but Y/n is my new friend she gets to be co-captain" Georgie smiled.

"I get to be co-captain really?" Y/n smiled back.

Georgie nodded smiling at her.

Soon Georgie headed back upstairs, and Y/n went to get her coat.

"I should go home" Y/n spoke.

"Why?" Bill asked following her.

"Why? Because I can't stay here all day" she smiled at him.

"I don't see why not?" He continued.

"Really, Bill I should get home" she said looking out the window as if looking for something.

"Are you alright, you seemed scared earlier?" Bill asked noticing her uncomfortable glance outside.

"Yeah I'm okay, just worried for Georgie is all" she lied.

"He'll be fine, are you home alone?"

"Yeah, but really I'll be fine" she reassured again wanting to leave.

Georgie came down the stairs again making kissing sounds, Bill rolled his eyes.

"She'll be fine Bill don't kidnap her" he walked towards his brother "we can literally see her house"

Georgie pointed to the girls house out the window.

"Yep and I'm leaving now" Y/n spoke going out the door.

Once the girl left the two brothers went to the kitchen.

"Y/n's cool she made the idea for a new boat after mine fell into the drainpipe," he opened the fridge "she wouldn't let me get the boat back from that clown though."

"What?" Bill said turning towards him.

"She wouldn't let me get my boat from the clown?" Georgie responded confused.

Bill rushed over to the kitchen window watching her walk home not moving till she had made it inside.

He then walked back to Georgie making sure he was okay not liking the sound of a clown in a drainpipe.

He wasn't able to shake the feeling that this wasn't something bigger than just a clown in a drainpipe for the rest of the day.
________________________________________________________
Happy Easter! (if you celebrate it if not I apologize!)
:)

Word count: 1060
Posted:4/4/21
Edited:7/13/21