Ben Hanscom-First sight

Y/n was walking through the halls, just having being dismissed from her last class before summer.

She was heading towards the bathroom planning on meeting up with her friend, Beverly.

She was running a few minutes late because her teacher, just had to have a talk about her grades she didn't see why that mattered though, because last time she checked school was over and it was summer time.

When Y/n finally made it to the bathroom, she saw Beverly in front of the sink trying to clean out her bag.

"What happen to you, did you fall in?" She asked.

Beverly glared towards her but answered, "Greta and her entourage"

Y/n only cringed walking towards her to help try and clean the bag.

"Just forget it, its ruined anyways." Beverly said throwing away the whole bag.

"Alright then, let's go then before her and her herd come back." Y/n spoke shrugging her shoulders.

Beverly agreed and the two walked out of the bathroom and the school.

When they made it outside, there was a boy blocking the bike rack.

Y/n recognized him as 'new kid' and knew he was most likely hiding from Henry Bowers.

The two girls looked at eachother, in questioning of what to do before, Beverly spoke up, "Is there a password or something?"

This startled the boy, he turned towards the two, apologizing and pulling the headphones that were on his ears to sit around his neck.

"You're from my social studies class, Ben, right?" Beverly asked.

"Uh...yeah." Ben answered staring at them in awe.

"If your avoiding Bowers, him and his gang their most likely on the other side of the school." Y/n told him, nudging her head to the side.

"Oh, I wasn't-" Ben started to defend his actions before being cut off.

"Everyone knows he's out to get you," Beverly paused before continuing "What are you listening too?"

She took his headphones off his neck, Ben went to stop her but it was to late, she had already put them on.

"New kids on the block? I get it." Beverly teased as she passed the headphones to Y/n for her to listen to the song.

"There's nothing to get?" Ben said not getting the joke.

Y/n put them on hearing the music, before smiling and taking them off.

"Don't sweat it, Ben. New kids on the block are cool." Y/n said seeing his distress.

Ben smiled back, before Beverly spotted his yearbook sticking out of his bag.

She took the book out of the bag saying she wanted to sign it.

Both of the girls smiles dropped seeing there was no signatures.

Bens face flushed a light pink.

Both girls signed the book, Y/n putting a heart beside her name.

"We should go," Y/n stated "nice meeting you, Ben."

"Yeah" he seemed dazed staring at the girl.

The girls walked away from Ben and the school.

"Stay cool, Ben from soc!" Beverly called out.

"Don't leave girl...that's another song." Ben said trailing of towards the end, staring at a certain girl.
____________________________________________________________

Hey!!! I think this ones short and cute, Please comment to tell me your thoughts
This is actually the shortest one I've written not by to much though, definitely much faster to write too

I also didn't remember the scene to well and couldn't find any other books with this scene in it so I had to wing it hopefully it's not to bad

Have a Good Day or Night! ❤️

Word count: 500
Posted: 3/18/21