Mike Hanlon-Angel

"No, really I loved being you personal doorman, could you idiots taken any longer?" The loud voice of Richie said.

"Shut up, Richie!" Y/n said annoyed.

"Yeah Richie, shut up." Eddie piped in.

"Oh, okay! Trash the trashmouth, I get it!" Richie said biking to the front of them "Hey, I wasn't the one scrubbing her floor imagining her sink went all Eddie's mom's vagina on Halloween!" He continued circling around the group.

"She didn't imagine it," Bill adds, speaking up as he begins to slow his walk to a complete stop.

"I s-saw something too..."

"You saw blood too?" Stanley asked.

Bill shook his head, looking at Stan with a frown.

"Not blood. I s-saw G-G-Georgie" He responded

"it seemed so real. I mean, it seemed like him but there was, this..." He trailed off on the last part.

Looking at him nervously, Eddie nodded.

"A clown," he whispered "yeah, I saw him too,"

The rest nodded agreeing that they had seen the clown.

"Wait, can only virgins see this stuff? Is that why I'm not seeing this?" Richie butts in.

They all stood silent thinking, before a noise grabbed their attention.

"Oh, that's Belch Huggins car. We should probably get out of here," Eddie says looking between his friends.

"Isn't t-that the homeschooled k-kids bike?" Bill said pointing to a turned over bike.

"Mike?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah, that's Mike's." Eddie responded.

"We have to help him!" Beverly said.

"We should?" Richie questioned.

"Yes!" Y/n said dropping her bike and running to the woods, the others following.

When they arrived they saw the bowers gang crowded around Mike pushing his head into the ground.

Henry picked up a rock getting ready to smash it into Mikes head, when Beverly threw a rock towards bowers, hitting the side of his head.

"Nice throw." Stan complimented.

The losers then gathered more rocks that sat at their feet as the boy crawled towards them, Y/n abandoned her spot and ran to help him across, pulling him to the back and against a rock, kneeling and checking for injuries.

"You alright, Mike?" She asked holding his face in her hands, to check his face for cuts.

The boy seemed awestruck, like he had witnessed a angel.

"Yeah...you know my name?" He said still in awe.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" She asked, moving her hands back to her sides.

Mike shrugged, glad the girl knew that he existed.

"My name's—" Y/n started

"Y/n, I know," Mike responded almost immediately.

"Not in a creepy way, I've just heard it around." He tried to cover up his embarrassment.

"All good things I hope." Y/n said grinning.

"Definitely." Mike nodded assuredly.

"Good, don't know what I would do if I had a bad reputation." She said sarcastically.

Mike laughed at her joke and stared dreamily at her.

"But are you sure your okay?" She said wanting to make sure he wasn't bleeding.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine...perfect even." Mike nodded.

"Really," She smiled "how so?"

"Well, for one I'm sitting here with you" Mike mumbled looking down embarrassed.

Y/n put a hand on his cheek and lifted his head up to look at her, Mike leaned into her touch.

"You don't have to be embarrassed, I'm glad to be sitting here with you too." She said softly.

"You are?" Mike asked looking at her with awe, he seemed to always be doing that.

"Yep, your pretty cool, Mike" She said.

Y/n glanced over the other losers seeing they had chased bowers off, Mike looked over too sad that his conversation with Y/n had to stop.

"How's the injured man?" Richie spoke in a funny accent, walking towards the two.

"I'm fine" Mike said, his words a little duller than they were when he was speaking to Y/n, she took notice of that, glancing at him confused by the change of tone.

"Let get going, before they come back then." Stan stated.

Y/n stood, helping Mike up, then dusting the dirt off her shorts, she then wrapped her arm around Mikes shoulder and started walking.

"You sure your okay? Bowers had your head pressed down awful hard." The girl asked again.

Mike looked over at her, taking in how the sun hit her skin perfectly.

"Yeah I'm fine," he paused "are you?"

"Why would I be hurt?" She asked amused.

Mike shrugged before speaking again,

"You look pretty" he said not totally realizing what he had said.

"Thanks!" she grinned "You too."

Both teens laughed, and kept walking.

Not realizing this was just the beginning.
______________________________________________________
Hey!! Firstly THE BOOK HIT A HUNDRED READS

Thank you all, so much it means a lot to me!

Have a good day or night! ❤️

Word count: 778
Posted: 3/24/21
Edited:11/8/21 (can't tell if I love or hate it)