LIII. REMINISCING ON THE PAST

REMINISCING ON THE PAST!

APRIL 1977

6th Year

• • • •

"Right, so what are our plans for Hogsmeade on this fine day?" James asked his friends once they were all seated at the Gryffindor table.

"Zonko's." Sirius and Bronwyn chorused, making them high five.

"I need to go stock up on sweets," Margaret spoke up, "So Honeyduke's is a must."

"Oh, me too." Peter nodded in agreement.

"I need to go and buy some new quills." Lily said.

"Well, as much as we would love to join you guys on your escapade around Hogsmeade," Remus started, wrapping his arm around his girlfriend, "Holland and I are going to have to pass."

"You are?" Margaret asked.

Holland turned to her boyfriend, "We are?"

Remus nodded, "We are."

Holland turned back to her friends, "We are."

"Why?" Sirius asked them.

"It's our six month anniversary," The boy answered, "So we're going to spend the day togehter."

"That's so sweet." Margaret smiled, looking at the couple.

"Yeah." Holland mumbled, looking up at her boyfriend with a curious smile.

Remus shrugged, "I wanted it to be a surprise."

The girl smiled softly, "I love you."

"I love you too."

James smiled at the couple, before turning to the redhead sat across from him.

"So, Evans?"

"No."

***

"Madam Puddifoot's?" Holland raised an eyebrow at her boyfriend, as they sat down at a table, a teasing smile playing on the girl's lips.

"It's a cheesy thing to do, we're a cheesy couple." Remus shrugged.

"You're the cheesy one out of us two." The Slytherin laughed.

"And you love it." The boy smiled.

Holland nodded with a small giggle, "That I do," She said, making her boyfriend smile lovingly at her, "Oh, we really have become one of those cheesy couples that everyone hates."

"Finally." Remus laughed, as the couple high-fived, making them both chuckle.

***

"You know, it really doesn't matter where we sit," Remus chuckled, watching his girlfriend scrutinizing her surroundings, as they stood in the forest surrounding Hogsmeade.

"No, no, wait," Holland told him, patting the space below her with her foot, before looking up at Remus with a triumphant smile, "Right here."

Remus raised an eyebrow, "Right here?"

"Right here is where we had our first date," Holland informed the Gryffindor boy, making him smile, "It is also the exact place where you, in your own adorable way, asked me to be your girlfriend."

"Well, actually, I just spluttered out a bunch of sounds, and you finished the sentence for me." Remus chuckled, as they sat down on the ground.

"Well, you know what they say," The Slytherin girl shrugged, "Great couples finish each other's-"

"Food that the other can't finish."

"Exactly." Holland nodded, making the pair chuckle.

"It's weird to think that only six months ago we kissed in the courtyard." Remus mused.

"That was a very good kiss." Holland nodded with a smile.

"Spectacular." Remus nodded in agreement.

The pair sat in silence for a few minutes, and Remus turned to look at his girlfriend, who was lost in thought, smiling.

"What're you thinking about?" He asked.

"The future." Holland answered.

"Am-Am I in it?" The boy asked, looking at her with hope.

Holland smiled softly up at the boy, "Oh, Remy," She whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck, "You are it."

Remus grinned, "I love you."

"How much." Holland teased, eyebrow raised.

"Well, you're the only person I share my chocolate with."

"Oh wow, you really do love me."