CH.1: The Adori Manor

In a world full of man-eating, humanoid creatures known as Titans, humanity was pushed to the brink of extinction. They somehow erected three concentric walls and sought refuge behind them, each fifty meters high and had a name. The outer wall was named Wall Maria, the next was named Wall Rose, and the most protected one was Wall Sheena where only the wealthy had the luxury to stay within. Wall Sheena also housed King Fritz, King of all the land within the walls.

Three regiments were created to protect the law within the walls. The most important one, the Military Police, used to protect the king and maintain law and order. The Second, the Garrison, was used to maintain wall fortification and protect the gates from any harm. Last but not least, the Scouts also known as the Survey Corps, is the most devastating one yet. They go outside the walls to seek information about the outside and the Titans, but many do not come back. Once the Survey Corps Never came back due to the Titans.

Everyone within the walls was supposedly the last of Humanity. The Walls were safe, free of Titans, letting man-kind thrive once again. But no one knew that the fate of humanity would rest on a little girl's decisions... or did they?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Mama! Look what I made!"I run up to Mama showing her a drawing I made of herself.

She looked down at me with disgust and ripped the drawing out of my hand and examined it.
I was looking at her eagerly to see how she would react.

She ripped it up into tiny pieces and chucked it in the bin. "Get out my sight."She says, annoyance lacing her tone.

"Oh okay."I sigh heading back to my room on the upper floor.

Mama was very horrible to me and always said 'I wish I never had you.' Or 'Disgusting Brat.'
But that never stops me from loving her, Papa on the other hand wasn't very different. Sometimes he'd care for me and love me and then there were times he hated me especially when he was drunk. I don't have a tiny clue on when this hatred started. I do remember once when I was younger they were both loving, caring people.

I plopped down onto my comfy seat next to the window in my room and stared out of it, admiring the outside.

My house was rather big and was located a few miles from Shiganshina, the southern city on Wall Maria.
Its name was The Adori Manor, belonging to my papa Asher Adori.
Whenever my Papa was drunk he said that I was to never inherit it because I am not worthy of the name Adori.

My full name is Ezlyn Isabel Harper instead, taking my mother's name. I also took her looks, I looked nothing like Papa at all. My Mama has brown eyes and so does my Papa, but somehow I got green.

I was staring out the window when I heard Mama call out my name from downstairs.
"Ezlyn! Your friends are here for you!"She shouts in her honeyed voice.

I run downstairs into the downstairs landing to see my friends Charlie and Else at the door waiting for me.

"Hello!"I smile standing next to Mama.

"We were wondering if you wanted to come with us shopping in Shiganshina this evening?" Else asks playing with her light pink dress.