CH.15: Relief for Trost.

I lie under the heavy boulder, my mind racing. How do I use those abilities again? When I was protecting myself from Eren all I did was slam my hand down on the ground, trying to scare Eren away. Maybe I can use it if I'm in danger and in danger only. But I'm in danger right now, I'm stuck underneath a boulder that is the same height as me?!

I try lifting myself back up back it's no use, the pain in my lower back is too much. I feel the ground underneath me shake. Then I could hear thumps. Titans. The place looked clear when we got here but I guess they'll be attracted to Eren and I. Anyways, why did Eren do that? Has he lost control of his Titan?

I slam a fist into the ground making it shake beneath me. My vision begins to become hazy. And suddenly.... I'm home.

I'm sitting on the couch in the living room, bundled up in my soft bankets. Mama and Papa sat on the opposite couch. Papa reading his news paper and Mama sipping a cup of tea with her knitting laid out on her lap. I rub my eyes to make sure I'm not dreaming.

"Oh, Ezlyn, you're awake now." Mama smiles warmly as she sets her cup down on the table in front of her. "I was waiting until you woke up to ask whether you wanted to come shopping with me in Shiganshina, you can get a new dress if you like as well."

I let my legs fall over the edge of the couch and dangle a few inches off the ground. "Oh.... Sure." I mutter.

Mama looks at me with a frown. "What is it dear? You seem very down at the moment. Did you have a strange dream?" She stands up and walks over to me. She kneels down and tucks a strand of my hair off my face and behind my ear. "Hm, you do seem a bit pale, nightmare maybe?"

"I... yes, I did." I say to her, giving a weak smile. Mama wraps her arms around me and pulls me into her chest.

"It's okay now deary, you're awake so no nightmares will get you during your waking moments." She says into my shoulder. Mama lets me go and stands up straight. "C'mon, go get your jacket from your room, it's been snowing so it'll be chilly."

I smile and nod. I stand up and fold the blanket up then sit it on the place I slept. I ran out the room past my parents then up the stairs then down the corridor to my room. I walked into the dim room and Mama was correct, it'd been snowing quite heavily because on my window was a pile of white flakes building up.

I walked over to my wardrobe to retreive my pale green coat and white scarf. I slipped the coat over my shoulders then wrapped the scarf nice and snug round my neck.

Mama was right. I did have a strange nightmare. But what was it about again? I can't remember anymore so it's not important.

I buttoned up my coat then ran back down the corridor and stairs. Mama was standing at the door waiting for me, in her nice navy, winter coat and matching scarf.

"That was quick." Mama giggles, raising her hand to her mouth to stop herself from laughing. "You must be ready to go then?"

"Yup, yup, yup!" I beam back, slipping my hand into hers.

She chuckles a bit. "Good, now let's go. Bye darling!" She shouts to Papa.

"Bye, have a good time, I'll see you both when you get back!"  He reply's from the other room.

Mama opens the door and we step out into the freezing cold. We walk across the snow covered field, snow crunching under my feet as I walk over it. I looked up at the sky and saw some geece. I suddenly became envious. I stopped in my tracks to stare at the birds and out of the corner of my eye Mama stopped to turn and look at me.

"Ezlyn?" She asks, a frown covering her face.

"Mama... how come we can't be free like those geece." I mumble neutrally. "It's not fair... we're stuck in these confining walls and they are... free." I don't let her reply. I look back over at her and she let's out a frightened gasp. "Mama, one day. I will get out of these walls."