CH.42: Ritual

I stay there limp in my chains, still trying to process what has happened so far.  Usually I'm quick to accept things, but I can't. Papa not being my real father. Mama and Doctor Jeager teaming up to kill the Reiss family and steal their power.

Lord Reiss had just came back from getting something 'important' needed for a 'ritual'. But neither me or Eren know what this 'ritual' is or what it's about. He had a bag in hand. "It seems we're finally alone." He says dull-ly.

"Father..." Historia turns to face him.

"Sorry for the delay. Listen, Historia." He sits his hand on her shoulder. "You may find this hard to believe, but Frieda is not entirely dead." He says to her.

"What?" The blonde girl stutters.

"Her memories still live on. Would you like to meet your sister?" Her father asks, obviously manipulating her. I start to try scream at her to not listen but it comes out as muffled struggles.

"Yes!" Historia smiles. Lord Reiss bends down and rummages through the bag looking for something. He takes out a rectangular box and opens it but I can't see whats in it because of the lid. But Eren seems to reconise it.

He rattles his chains and struggles to be heard. Historia's father takes out a familiar looking syringe. The exact same one that turned me and Eren into Titans. I join Eren in rattling the chains we are bound to and struggle to tell Historia to not listen as it was dangerous.

We were interrupted by distant bangs. Bomb-like noises echoed against the cavern walls like screams.

"It would seem our enemies are nearly here. Let's finish this, Historia." Lord Riess says quickly, grabbing Historias arm.

"Yeah." She solemnly reply's. Me and Eren continue to make a racket with our chains and vocal cords. Historia turns to look at us with a disgusted scowl over her features. "What, Eren? Ezlyn? What's with that look?" She asks.

"They have finally realized what's going to happen. That the stolen power will return to where it belongs. Historia. It will return to you. But it'll even more powerful." Lord Reiss utters.

"What?"

"This cavern was created by a Titan's power some hundred years ago. That same power also created the three walls. The creation of those great walls was humanity's salvation. Finally, the Titan used its power to reach into the hearts of the people andalter their memories. Several bloodlines were excluded from this effect,but their descendants and the rest of humanity retain no history or memory of the world before the walls. Except for one, Frieda Reiss. Frieda inherited more than the power of the Titans. She kew the secrets of this world and its origins." Lord Reiss babbles on.

"She was fifteen years old when that knowledge became hers. It was in this very chamber, eight years ago, after she consumed my younger brother, her own uncle. Frieda inherited the powers of the Founding Titan and the memories of this world. It was an inheritance passed down through many generations in these hundred years."

"Father..." Historia knocks him ot of his day-dream. He said consumed... does that mean that... Historias going to consume Eren and I?!

"Yes. If Frieda had made better use of her power, we never would have had these problems. We may even have been able to eliminate all Titans from this world. If only their father and mother hadn't stolen the power from her. Now that power resides within Eren and Ezlyn. But this power can only manifest in one through whom the blood of the Reiss family flows. For as long as hey remain the vessels for that power, this hell will never come to an end."

"What?" Historia mumbles with a panicked expression. "Then..." She looks up at Eren and I.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!" A familiar voice butts in.