CH.34: Sweet Failure

I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Deep in thought about everything that had happened lately.

Betrayal. Death. Choices. Losing friends. New power.

All of it is a horrible topic to think about, but if I push it to the side for a long time it'll just build up inside me until I burst out in tears. I think, thinking about and accepting it is the easy way of going about things. It does cause small bits of frustration to come out of nowhere but I can easily deal with that with training or taking a short walk.

I groan and roll over onto my stomach. "Why'd you have to leave me Ymir." I sigh. Ymir was one of the only people that understand what I think and one of the only people I can vent to. Historia told me why she went and I understood completely because Ymir wouldn't leave us here to rot. She must've realised something and left it to us to find out why she left.

There was a knock at my door. "Come in!" I yell, sitting up on my bed. The door opens and Armin walks in. "Oh, hello Armin. What do you need?" I ask. He smiles nervously.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to the mess hall later. Everyone else is coming round so I wanted to see if you'd like to come over aswell." He twidles his thumbs.

I laugh. "Sure, I'll come round. I need something to do anyways." He smiles and stops fidgeting.

"Okay, I'll see you then." He turns round and leaves the room, closing the door behind him. I sigh again and fall onto my back. For some reason, certain words circulate my mind. The words Reiner said to me.

'When we take you home with us, I don't want to get into any trouble with the Tybers.'

'It's a very special Titan, one of the strongest. It's name is the 'Bloom Titan'. A hybrid between two other Titans.'

Why did he say those things if there was a chance we managed to escape? Did he want us to escape? No, Reiner is too self-righteous, he'd do anything to win, even if it meant death.

I groan and sit back up to get ready for later. I was still in my uniform from early morning training so I'd need to change into normal clothing.

I stand up and walk over to my dresser. I open the top drawer and pick out a long, white dress. I then grab a belt and a mauve cardigen.

After I put the dress on I slipped the belt round my waist and chucked the cardigen over my shoulders in walked into my bathroom and started brushing my teeth.

After I brushed my teeth I moved onto my hair that was in a lazy ponytail. I took the pin out and let my hair fall. It was longer than when I last cut it earlier this month. It was going past my shoulders. "Tch, my hairs getting long again. I need to cut it."

I reach for one of the shelves and grab the scissors. I start cutting away at the strands of my hair that where a few inches above my shoulder. It was uneven and wirey. I let out an exagerated sigh and put the scissors back. Maybe Levi could do my hair since he used to do Isabels.

I walk out my bathroom then out my bedroom door, closing it behind me. The Captains office wasn't far from my room due to safety regulations rovolving round my powers. I reached the door labeled, 'Captain/Lance Corporal Levi' and knocked.

"State your name and business!" He yells.

"It's Ezlyn sir." I say.

I hear footsteps then the door clicks open, revealing the Captain. He looked at me with disgust.
"What the hell did you do to your hair?" He scoffs. "Come in."

He steps back letting me in the room. It was imaculate. Not a single thing out of place.

I stop just before his desk and he walks round it, sitting in the chair on the other side. "Why are you here, Ezlyn?" He asks me with a plain expression.