CH.44: Against a Giant

We arrived at the Orvud District Military Headquarters around fifteen minutes later and we have predicted that Rod Reiss'es fat ass will be at the wall just a while after dawn breaks.

I jump out of the cart and sprint towards my precious horse. Zip stood at a post without his tack on and was well brushed. I fling my arms round his neck and hug him tightly. He whickered slightly and nuzzles my shoulder, greeting me.

"Oh, how I've missed you." I whisper in his ear. His ear flicks back and forth. I giggle and let go of him. I glide my hand down his nose lovingly. I feel someone's gaze on me and I look to my right to see who it was.

Captain Levi was stroking a 'non-fading' (Black) stallion while looking at me. "Is it true?" He asks. I raise an eyebrow.

"What?" I stop petting Zip and turn to face him.

"Is it true that you're related to Jeager?" He says refering to Eren.

I shrug my shoulders. "I guess..." I go back to petting Zip. "But, I don't know if... if Papa knows. I'll end up needing to tell him eventually." Levi hums.

"Yeah, you will. But you can decide when. It could be in two years when he gets out of... you know where. Or never... It's entirely up to you."

"Captain Levi," A messenger walks up to him. "Please gather your squad in the hall. The strategy meeting is about to begin."

"All right." He walks over to the back of the cart as Historia jumps out of it. "Historia, I forgot to mention this, but we need something from you."

"Yes?" Historia mutters as I walk up next to Levi.

"These are Erwin's orders. Once this battle is over, he wants you, the true successor to the throne, to become the queen." We all gasp.

"Huh?" Historia stutters.

"Q-Queen!? Historia!?" Sasha exclaims.

"The coup d'etat may have been successful, but people won't tolerate military rule for long. We need to be able to tell them that a true heir retook the crown from the false king." Levi explains plainly. I look at Historia, awaiting an answer.

"I..." Was all she mutters. Connie puts up his hand.

"Um, Captain? Historia mentioned it earlier, but, well... When she defied her father, it was kind of like she freed herself from her duty... So asking her to-"

"What? If you have a problem, speak up." Levi interrupts.

"Uh, I mean-"

"I get it." Jean interrupts from behind me. "What Connie's trying to say is that Historia finally feels like her own person after disowning the Reiss family, and now you're forcing her into a new role? Isn't that... Isn't that unfair to her?" He says with confidence. If only he knew how scary the Captains beatings are.

"All right." Historia speaks up. I turn to face her. "My next assignment is to be queen. Understood." I smile softly at her bravery. Being queen is going to be difficult.

"Historia..." Armin utters under his breath.

"Thanks for your concern. But I think it's up to me to decide whether or not this is a role I'm forced to play. Although, I do have one condition, Captain." Historia looks up at Levi.

"Hmm?"

"Let me be the one to decide my own fate." Historia says with an amusing glint in her eye.

----------------------------------------
I was in the female changing room, getting into proper clothes to wear under my ODM gear. Historia was there too.

I slip the top I had on off and it falls to the floor. I unbutton the jeans and they fall to my ankles. I step out of them and fold them and the top into a neat pile on the bench.

I pick up the white shirt and slip it over my shoulders. Buttoning up the buttons up one-by-one.

I slip black jeans over my legs and button up the buttons.
"Hey..." I hear Historia mutter. I turn to look at her while sorting out my straps and belts.

"Yes?" I slip one of my legs into the leg strap and hook a bit under my heel.

"I'm really sorry for saying all those mean things to you. I didn't mean it." She sighs. I finish doing my legs and move onto the waist piece.

"It's... alright. I shouldn't of said all those things about your father though. So I had it coming, didn't I?" I chuckle, hooking the braces over my shoulders and fastening a belt that went over my chest.

"Still... What you said about my father wasn't lies. It was pure honesty." She sits down on the bench with her head in her hands. "I am so, so, so, sorry. Will you accept my apology?" I adjust my back-plate - that supports my back - and move onto the leather wrap that goes round my waist.

"Yes, I will your highness." I slur teasingly, bowing at a ninety-degree angle. She scoffs.

"Stop it! Gosh, sometimes you've got the same personality as Ymir." She chuckles dryly.

"Really? Me? Like Ymir? Never in a million years she's too brave and... fruity for Historia!" I laugh while saying the last part. She bursts out with laughter and goes tomato red.

"But admit it. You loved Ymir." I sigh, attaching my sheaths to each of my thighs. She stops laughing and sighs an exhausted sigh.

"Maybe I did... But I don't know at the same time." She stands up, rubbing her arm. I sit attach the turbine, main housing and compressed gas cylinders then stick the controller grips/hilts in their designated holders on my hips.

"Walls, I miss Ymir so much. She was such a joy to have around. Her charisma matched mine and yours so well, it was like we were destined to be friends... but fate pulled us apart and broke us at the same time." I say sadly, sitting blades into the sheaths.

Historia says nothing but hums in responce. I turn back round to look at her.
"You ready to go?" She nods and I walk out the door with her right behind.

We walk along the corridor towards the meeting room. I reach the door first and open it. I bow teasingly. "Your majesty." I recieve a playful punch to the arm from her, but I regain those memories. The whole scene flashes before my eyes once again. Blood, fire, syringes, Titan's and a pair of glasses.

I shake my head and walk into the room, closing the door behind me. I walk up next to Jean and lean on the table in front of me. Mikasa and Historia were on the other side of me.

Mikasa leans in towards Historia. "When you're the queen. you should punch that runt for me." I hold in my laugh but I end up snorting like a pig. Jean pokes my leg, telling me to stop. I obey and stand up straight but I was still as tall as Jeans nose.

A messenger walks into the room and hands one of the Garrison members a piece of paper and slinks away out the door again. The Garrison soldier clears his throat. "We've confirmed that Rod Reiss's Titan is approaching Orvud from the southwest. It should reach the city by dawn."

The soldier standing next to Erwin -that was likely the one in charge- nods. "Understood. Comander Erwin, we'd all like to hear what your plan is. How do you intend to evacuate the citizens in time?" He asks. Erwin turns round to face him.

"We won't evacuate." He says blankly.

"Wh-What?" The Garrison captain stutters.

"We will have the citizens of Orvud remain right where they are." Erwin repeats, just a bit more explained. All the Garrison troops around the table gasp but no scout moves a muscle.

"That's insane." The Garrison captain utters, flicking his hand out in front of him, trying to prove a point.

It's not insane... It's logic. Abnormal Titans are attracted to large amounts of people. Never doubt Commander Erwins thinking...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello! We are so close to a thousand views!!! And that is very thrilling. I'd like to thank you for the support and I'll see you in the next chapter. Sayonara!