CH.22: Failure or Success?

"Our target seems highly intelligent, and capturing Eren and I seemed like it's primary goal. If she wanded us dead, she could've crushed him her jaws. Instead, she's carefully holding Eren inside her mouth, while fighting to escape." I say, as we chase the Female Titan.

"Eating Eren might've been her goal. If so, he would've ended up in her stomach." Levi argues.

"He's alive!" Mikasa shouts back at him. He turns to look at her.

"I hope you're both right." Levi mutters.

Mikasa grunts. "If only you'd protected Eren, Ezlyn, this never would've happened!" She growls at me.

"Excuse me?!" I hiss at her. Levi turns around to face Mikasa.

"Now I see... It was you back then. You're Eren's close friend." He says to her. His eyes looked dead and frightening. I turned away and looked over to the Female Titan. "We'll focus all our manpower on one goal. First of all, forget about killing the Female Titan."

"But she killed so many comrades, including our squad?!" I tell him. His eyes turned to look at me but then he looked straight away.

"So long as she can crystallize her skin there's no way we can kill her."

"But my powers-"

"I know you don't have the energy for that because if you did you would've done it already. Trust my judgment. We'll keep hoping that Eren is still alive, and attempt to rescue him before she leaves the forest. Ezlyn and I will hack her up... You draw her attention!"  Levi orders. I follow him upwards while Mikasa goes in front of the Titan.

I look at the Captains eyes and they are full of rage. I guess he already knew about her killing the rest of the Squad. We follow behind the Titan and I draw a new pair of blades so I'm ready to do a co-op attack with the Captain.

The Female turns around suddenly firing a punch at us but Levi slashes round her arms while I go for the eyes. I fling my blades into her eyes then unsheath a new pair of blades. I dive down towards her achiles tendon and cut across it full speed, while the captain got the other one.

The Titan fell down against a tree and covered her nape with her undamaged hand. Levi captures my attention and points his blades to his shoulders- meaning I've to hack away at her shoulder muscle-. I listen and go full speed downwards, cutting at the muscle multiple times. Until the arm she was holding up to her nape fell limp. She keeled forward leaving her nape ucovered, but I knew the objective wasn't to kill her, it was to get Eren back.

"Stop!" I hear Levi shout. I then notice Mikasa is going to try kill the Titan since her nape isn't covered. Suddenly the Titan lifts her hand up to whack Mikasa.

"Mikasa, No!" I scream.  But Levi pushes her out the way on time and lands funny on the back of the Female Titans hand. I hear a loud crack. He grunts out of pain but continues to attack the Female Titan. He slashes at the jaw and it falls open revealing Eren. I launch myself towards Erens body and quickly take him out of the mouth. I fly up onto a tree branch and Mikasa lands next to me.

"Here, I'll take him." Mikasa offers. I put my hand up to stop her, suddenly out of breath.

"No, no I've got him." I sigh. I go to stand up but immediatly fall onto the ground. My legs wouldn't do as they were asked and they just gave up on me.

"Ezlyn, are you okay?!" Mikasa yells. I feel a liquid drip out of my nose. My eyesight was beginning to fail now. My eyelids fell shut and never opened back up.

To Be Continued...