CH.7: The Final Tests

It's been three years since I joined the cadets and my motives have changed. I've decided I'm going to destroy all of the titans including the colossal and the Armored.  So I've trained nonstop unless it's meal time or resting.
Maggie ended up dying of a disease called colic which was devastating. At the end of this month we are all going to get our own horses

We only have a few tests left until we graduate and they are the hardest of them all.

—Year 850—

"Hurry it up Cadets! Can't you see it's raining?" Shadis voice yells from ahead.

We were doing a 1000 meter run in the rain with rucksacks full of rocks and it was freezing. Annie, Mikasa, Jean and I were up front, behind the commander while the others trailed behind.

Suddenly the commander falls behind us to where Armin is.
I glance over my shoulder to see him yelling at him and Armin seems out of breath.

"I can see the end!" A man named Daz shouts.

He was right, the end was near and Shadis came back to the front of the group. "Good job Cadets! You've all completed you're second last test! The last test will be announced later at dinner. Dismissed!"

After we passed the tree line mostly everyone was doubled over, gasping for air, apart from a few like Mikasa and I. "Man, I'm soaked." I sigh. My clothes were sticking to me and it was irritating.

"Same here." Mikasa says, peeling the brim of her top off her stomach.

"Why didn't he let us have coats like the others, just because were top of the class doesn't mean we don't have feelings." I complain, pushing my soaked hair back.

"Mm, maybe that was also testing us. Like to see if we would complain about being cold or wet." Mikasa looks behind her to see Eren soaked and he has a runny nose. "Oh my, Eren!"

She runs over to Eren and starts talking to him. I laugh at her overprotectiveness and turn around.
Suddenly I was freezing cold. I turn back around to see Cliff, My sworn enemy. "Oh, sorry I didn't see you there." He smirks.

He just dumped a bucket of Icy water over me. I kicked him in the stomach and he fell back into the mud. "Oh, sorry, I kicked you into mud. Oh wait, I shouldn't be sorry, because that's where pigs belong." I snap at him. He was covered head to toe in mud.

"Y-you were born a devil!" He shouts wiping the mud out his eyes.

"Tch, devils aren't born, they are made." I state then walk over to my barracks.

I enter my barracks and peel my soaked clothes off next to my bed then search for a new pair of clothes.

I get changed into my fresh pair of clothes then grab my coat and walk out towards the mess hall.

There is loads of commotion going on inside the hall, people talking with a serious expression painted on their faces and people who look scared and nervous.
"Ezlyn over here!" I looked to my side to see Eren waving me over.

I walked over to the table they were sitting at and sat down on a free space. "What is it?" I ask.

"So, you know how we are graduating in two weeks after this last exam?" He starts with a mischievous smile snaking up his face.