CH.29: Traitors in our Midst

Utgard Castle was sitting on the horizon. Dawn was breaking but so was the tower, it started crumblng to the ground.

"What the..." I hear Hanji mutter. I kick Zip into a gallop and I fly past Hange. "Ezlyn, wait!" She yells after me. Mikasa suddenly gallops up beside me.

"I see loads of Titans, do you need help?" Mikasa asks me. I nod and turn to look at the fallen tower.

"Yes. Thank you." I reply sharply.
'Why is there so many Titans if no one is here. Unless!'
"Mikasa, people are here!" I shout to her. She looks over at me wih a shocked expression; her eyes wide with fear yet determination lingered.

I stand up on Zip's saddle, ready to take off and slay some Titans. Mikasa does the same and draws her swords. I draw mine as we get closer and I spot a Titan peeking round a corner to look at a small figure. I then see a whole hoard of Titans hovering over something.

"Mikasa! You get that one over there. I'm going to go over to the hoard!" I yell. She nods; agreeing with me. She takes off and heads towards the Titan that was by itself. I look over at the massive hoard and take a deep breath; preparing to have a run-in with hell.

I jump off of my horse as soon as I was close enough to the crowd of massive, man-eating beasts. I grapple one of my hooks onto a Titans shoulder and propel myself towards it's nape. As soon as I get close enough I slice it's nape and it falls limp.

I move straight onto the next Titan, repeating the same technique over and over with the other ones. A few other scouts came over to help me defeat the rest.

I stopped to catch my breath, landing on the rubble below. I wiped the blood off my face while breathing heavily. The ground beneath me began to rumble and move. "What the!-" A Titan comes out the ground capturing me in it's hand.

I felt my ribs begin to crush underneath the pressure from the Titan's grip. I scream out in agony with the breath I had left. It lifted me up to it's mouth and bit down on my lower leg.

The pain was intense and unbearable until it stopped. I became numb all of a sudden, but I was still alive. Was this another Titan shifter ability?

The hand that was holding me became limp and dropped me. But I never hit the ground. The wind was whistling past my ear, as if I was flying.

I opened my eye's and saw Hanji. "Silly girl." She chuckles. We land on the ground and she sits me down; the rough stone underneath me cold like ice.
"Does it hurt?" She asks wrapping a cloth round it.

"No... It doesn't. I don't know how though." I mutter. She looks at me with curiosity, asking me to elaborate.

"It's almost as if it's numb. It happened all of a sudden after my leg was bitten off." I explain. She rubs her chin in thought.

"I'll investigate it later, but first-"

"Squad Leader, there's something you'll want to see." Moblit interrupts her.

Hanji looks up at him. "Okay, I'm coming over." She says, standing up. I grab her sleeve.

"Take me aswell, please." I ask her softly. She sighs and bends down. Hanji grabs under my arms and heaves me up and I sling my arm over her shoulder. She acts as my crutch as we walk over, I hop on my remaining leg.

Armin, Mikasa, Eren, Connie, Reiner, Bertholdt stood around something. But as we got closer I was able to see what they were staring at. Krista was hovering over Ymir who was missing a leg and her insides were scrambled.

I gasp as we get over to them. Hanji does the same and hands me to Armin who takes me. She then runs down to were Ymir lay and knelt down.

"No way. Ymir is..." I mutter, not believing my eye's. Ymir's wounds were steaming like my leg.