CH.13: Strange Power

I open my eye's to find my arms attached to a massive ribcage, and there was vines twisting around the strange structure. I ripped my hands free out of the burning flesh, and scuttled towards Mikasa and Armin. Armin was staring up at the titans body, his eyes full of fear.

"We're inside o-of a-a..."

"Eren and Ezlyn saved us."Mikasa interupts Armin, she sat there nonchalant. I went up next to Armin and sat my hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay Armin, Mikasa is correct, Eren and I done it to protect you, I think."I reassure him.

There was various screams and shouts from across the square, as the titans skeleton started to move. Parts of it began to crumble, when they hit the ground it sounded like shards of glass breaking. I heard someone gasping above us and I thought it might be Eren coming back down.

"Flowers, in here?" I heard Armin say. My gaze landed on a bunch of violet flowers, sitting there, unharmed. I reached out to pick them but was interupted by footsteps.

"Hey!" It was Eren. "You guys okay?"He asks us.

"Eren, what is this?"Armin asks, tensing up.

"I don't have a damn clue what this is. But it's evaporating already. Just like a Titans corpse. Let's back away a bit."Eren reply's, still standing outside of the skeleton. I start to get to my feet and I help Armin up with me. For some reason my legs had even more strength than before Eren made the titan.

I walk out of the disolving corpse with Armin and Mikasa behind me. I stop a little bit behind Eren who's keeping an eye on the garrison. "Whether they're figuring out what to do or just distracted, the Garrison can't see what we're doing right now. But in the end, they'll probably continue attacking." He turns to face the strange titan corpse.

"I don't have the confidence to talk them down after showing this." he lifts up his basement key that he always wears. "It reminded me of something though. The basement. The basement of my house." He looks down at the object in his hand willingly. "Dad said I'd understand everything if I went there. He's also the one that turned me into this. If I get to that basement, I'll probably learn about the Titans."

He raises his fist and slams it against the skeleton. "Damn it! Why'd he keep it all a secret?! The Survey Corps searched for that information at the cost of thousands of lives. It's mankind's only hope! And you're telling me it was locked away in my basement? Just what was going through his mind? Come to think of it, where did he disapper to for five years--"

Mikasa places her hand on his shoulder, interrupting him from his continuous rant. "Eren, we have other things to worry about now." She says.

"Right." He follows us away from the decaying skeleton.

I look over to where the Garrison are standing and they begin to panic.
"Sir, the smoke is clearing!"

"Remain on standby!" Captain Weilman yells.

I pick up a large rock and chuck it at the titans skeleton. It hits off the skeleton, making a cracking sound, and the neck snaps and begins to fall off the corpse. Dust goes everywhere and fly's towards the garrison. I smirk to myself and run back over to the others.

"That should stall them for a while! Whats the plan?" I ask, as I crouch down next to them.

A shadow casts over Erens face as he looks up at us. "I'm... leaving this place." he says, seriously.

Did I hear that right? He's leaving? I look over at the others and they are staring at him in shock. "Where to? How?" Armin asks, leaning in.

I look back over to Eren, awaitng an answer. "Anywhere will do for now. I'll climb the wall from there and head to my basement. But I'll turn into a titan first." Eren reply's.