CH:67: The Funeral for the Fallen Heroes

----TWO MONTHS LATER: CAPITAL MITRAS, ROYAL HALL----

Everyone in the military was there, Military Police, Garrison Soldiers, The Royal Services. Everyone.

I let out a long groan as I plop myself down on a free couch at the side of the hall. Jean, Connie and Sasha follow shortly after. All their injuries have healed completely, allowing me to smother them in hugs and small, friendly pecks on the forehead or cheek.

As it was now early autumn, it was slowly getting colder and colder, so I had to wear my 'winter military coat', which is almost the exact same as the 'summer' one but it has thicker insulation on the inside.

"Ugh, the journey here was so long but at least the feast after this will be big." Sasha practically drools on my shoulder. I push her away lightly.

"Ew, stop fantasizing over food, Potato Girl." I snicker. She shoots me a nasty glare.

"Shut up. I thought I told you to forget that!" She growls, crossing her arms over her chest and looking away, like a grumpy toddler.

I giggle. "You are such a 3-year-old."

"Am not!" She snaps, sticking out her bottom lip.

"She's right. You are a toddler in a teenagers body." Connie reasons, lifting his hand in a reasonable manner.

She huffs and stands up. "I'm going to see if there's any food. Historia better have whipped somethin' up, or the beast is gonna come out." She storms off and Connie sighs, standing up.

"I'll go keep an eye on her so she doesn't eat all the food." He points in the direction Sasha ran off in with his thumb.

"Alright, Jean and I will be fine here." I reassure him, waving my hands in the direction of Sasha. He smiles and runs off after her.

I let a groan escape my lips and I fling my head back. "She really is an animal when it comes to food."

Jean hums in agreement. "Yeah, she's been lke that ever since the start of the Training Corps."

The Training Corps, huh.

"Hey, Jean?" I ask, looking over to him. He turns round to face me.

"Yeah?" He raises a brow.

"Since you mentioned the Training Corps, what is your favourite memory from that time?" I lean forward and put my elbows on my knees, supporting my chin with my hands.

His lip's form an 'o' shape. "My favourite memory, huh?" He thinks for a few moments before his face goes beet red. He shakes his head vigourously and looks at me. "The time you fought Cliff for the first time, you were such a badass."

I raise an eyebrow. "You sure it wasn't the time you caught Mikasa working out with just shorts and a sports bra behind the barn?" I tease. I thought his face would go red again, but it didn't... He smiled. A genuine smile curled his lips up.

"No, that was just embarrassing. Anyways, I don't have my eyes on her anymore. There's another girl I've got on my mind." My eye twitches.

"Ohh~ Who's the lucky girl? Sasha?" He shakes his head, the smile still painted on his lips.

"H-Historia?" I stammer. He shakes his head again, with a small chuckle. I pause on thinking who it could be.

"I'm not telling you, Ezlyn. I'll maybe tell you when I've thought it through, a little." He grins. I squint my eyes and stare at him, looking to see if he's lying. But, not a single feature on his face tells me that he's decieving me.