CH.54: Nobility

My attention switches from the Beast Titan to the Armoured Titan within a milisecond, as I hear something that sounds an awful lot like crystal breaking behind me. I swivel on my heel to see the Armoured Titan's finger-tips and the ends of his toes a light shade of blue; all of his once stubby nails, sharp like claws. He lifts himself off of his knee and gets into a running stance.

He soon pushes off of his back foot and charges towards the wall which we are currently upon. Reiner is suddenly out of view and the wall beneath us shakes, hinting that he's maybe trying to climb the wall.

Commander Erwin spins round quickly. "All troops! Avoid clashing with the Armoured Titan! Stay away from him!" He orders.

"Roger!" We all shout in unison. I turn round again to inspect the Beast Titan and the Titans surrounding him. I walk over to the edge of the wall.

My eyes scan across them all for a while. There was at least two rows of Titans forming an arc round the outer town, blocking all means of escape. The first row was occupied by two-to-seven meter Titans, all standing idly side-by-side.

The second row however, consisted of nine to seventeen meter Titans. All of them lounging about without reason. Why are they just standing there? Shouldn't they be chasing after us because they're hungry? What am I thinking, Titan's are never hungry, they just kill for the sake of it.

My eyes flicker over the Beast Titan again but, a strange Titan next to him catches my attention. A Titan on all fours with... luggage on it's back? Multiple crates and barrels could be seen on it's saddle.

Meaning, it didn't transform at the same time as the others. Does that mean it could possibly been the enemy's look-out, and alerted Reiner and friends of our approach? Does that mean they were aware we were coming here to reclaim the wall? But how?

"That quadruped type down there is an Intellient Titan." Erwin states. Everyone that was standing in earshot gasps. "No, there might even be others."

He's right, there may be others. But, how can a normal Titan communicate with a human. Could it be a Titan with the same abilities as Eren and I?

The Beast lets out a loud roar and lifts his hand up into the air. He clenches it into a fist and slams it against the ground, disturbing nearby birds in trees.

Suddenly all the two-to-seven-meter Titans start charging towards us in a sprint, all of them acting like Abnormals.

"They're moving! Multiple two-to-seven-meters approaching!" Hanji shouts to everyone.

I remember while reading the report of what happened at Utgard castle, written by Connie and Historia as they were the only survivors of the attack that were on our side, and it said that the Beast Titan had wiped out the horses and Titans ambushed them making escape impossible for them at the time.

Are they trying to do the same thing as before? Because I know fine well that Shiganshina is deep in Titan territory so, if they wipe out our only way to escape and our supply chain, they can keep us on edge for weeks on end until they can just waltz in and take me and Eren when we're too weak to resist.

The shudders in the wall become stronger than before. "C-Commander! The Armoured Titan is close! And we still don't know where Bertholdt is!" Armin wails, worry and uncertainty evident as he spoke.

"Yeah, I know." Erwin reply's casually. He looks off towards where the Beast Titan stood; obviously deep in thought about something.

He takes in a deep breath ready to say something. "Are you finally ready to say something?" Levi cuts him off. "I could've had breakfast during the wait."