CH.33: New-found Power

The thorns that were wrapped round the smiling Titan began to glow and a loud whistling noise was heard.

Suddenly a horde of Titans are launching themselves onto the smiling Titan, biting away at the flesh and ripping it off.

Nows our time to escape.

"Eren, Mikasa! Nows our chance to retreat!" I shout to them. They both nod and Eren runs over to Mikasa and pulls her onto his back. He starts running away.

I stick my fingers in my mouth and whistle for Zip. If he's still alive.

I heard hooves and a familiar whinney. I turn to see my grey horse running towards me happily. I jump on his back but another horse starts galloping in my direction. Armins horse.

I take it's reins and start looking for the others.

"Ezlyn!" I hear someone shout. I look to my right to see Armin holding an injured Jean. I gasp and turn Zip in their direction.

"Armin, help Jean up onto Zip. You can take your horse!" I say to him.

"Okay, Jean, can you stand up please. Ezlyns going to take you." Armin informs him. Jean opens up one of his eyes and looks up at me. He closes his eyes again and trys standing up straight. He manages perfectly and Armin helps him over to Zip who was being impatient.

"Stand still, Zip!" I shout. He does as I say and I grab Jeans outstretched hand. I pull him up onto the saddle behind me and he wraps his arms round my abdomen for security.

I hand Armin his horse and he jumps onto it. "Let's go!" He yells and I kick Zip on. We ride up next to Eren and Mikasa who were on foot. I scanned the area for another horse for them but something bigger caught my attention.

The Armoured Titan was running right for us. "Damn Reiner." I curse under my breath. Eren skids to a halt to face him.

"Don't come any closer! We'll kill you both!" Eren screams at them. I feel another surge of power flow through my veins and explode through my finger tips. I lift my hand in the direction of Reiner and branches go flying towards him, blocking his path. All the Titans that were feasting on the smiling Titan launch themselves towards Reiner. Latching on to him, biting at his armour.

Armin comes up to Eren and hands him a horse. "Get on." He simply says.

"Armin-"

"Hurry!" Armin interrupts him abruptly. He does as he says and lifts Mikasa on to the back of the saddle then jumps on in front of her.

"Retreat!" Erwin yells. We all start riding with the flow of all the survivors.

The sun was glowing a dark red on the horizon and twinkling lights were appearing in the night sky. All the constellations blinking on and off. 

I sigh and look down at my unscathed hands. "Jean. Can I tell you something?" I ask him. He sits up a bit more and sits his chin on my shoulder.

"Yes, go on." He responds, his voice tired and croaky.

I smile softly. "I'm sorry about all those things I said to you a few months ago. And I'm sorry about hurting you. I shouldn't of reacted in that way."  I apologise. He chuckles.

"Don't apologise. I shouldn't of spoke about Marco in that way. You had the right to act like that." He says softly.

"Okay then, I won't say sorry." I say triumpiantly. I relax my shoulders. "But I will say something."

"What is it?" Jean asks.

"I saw Marco." I whisper. He tenses up and sits up straight. "Relax, he didn't come back from the dead. I just saw him... in heaven." Jean relaxes again and sits his chin back on my shoulder.