CH.30: The Repeat

My skin felt like it was burning. I let out a small yelp and open my eye's. I look around quickly to look at my surroundings. I was sitting on a tree branch next to Ymir.

"Y-Ymir..." I mutter. She looks at me then turns away without saying anything.

"Oh, your both finally awake." Reiner says. My head snaps to where his voice came from. He stood on a branch a few meters above our one with Bertholdt next to him.

I heard someone struggling on the other side of Ymir and leaned forward to get a glimpse of who it was. Eren was struggling to get his arms out of his cape by the looks of it. He free's his arms and steam comes out. He is missing both of his arms.

I quickly check myself to see if i'm missing anything. But. I'm not. My skin is bright pink and felt sensitive but I wasn't missing any limbs. "Huh?" I look up at Reiner again.

"Oi, why am I not damaged like them two?" I ask, glaring at him.

"Because when we take you home with us I don't want to get into any trouble with the Tyber's because your still regenerating." He reply's blankly.

'Tyber's? Who are they?'

"Tch, why are my arms missing then?" Eren demands.

Reiner turns to face him. "Oh, that's my bad. I was kind of in a hurry. So when I bit the nae of your neck, I forgot to account for your arms." He responds.

Erens head falls. "I see..." He utters sadly. "So... I lost, huh." I looks up at Reiner with a deadly stare. I keep my gaze fixed on Eren to see what he will do next. He lifts his arm up to his mouth and bites down on it.

"Eren, stop!" Bertholdt shouts at him. Ymir grabs Erens arm and bring's it back down to his side.

"Don't be so hasty, Eren. Take a good look around us." She says. I look down and see how high up we are. Is this the Forest of Giant Trees? There was Titans scratching at the tree below. "We're in a giant forest inside Wall Maria. This place is a long way away from the walls. That means we're deep in titan territory. Look down there." My eyes land on a Titan that's laying on the ground, it's hands behind it's head like a human. "I think that one on the ground is an Abnormal. It may not look like it's just lounging around, but it hasn't taken its eyes off us. And there are a lot of small ones down there. That alone is dangerous. Theres also another big one behind us there. It's staring at us, but not coming any closer. Guess it's a bit on the shy side." I look behind me to see a tall Titan, peeking it's head round the tree to look at us.

"And finally, we've got these two. Dirty bastards." She says putting a hand on my shoulder. "They're the only ones here with 3D maneuvering gear on. Reiner took Eren's gear when he was out cold, and Bertholdt took Ezlyn's but I can't remember when. At this point becoming Titan's isn't going to help the situation. Not only can they transform too, but they can escape into the treetops. And there's still the matter of all the Titans around us. Getting out of Titan territory alive is no easy task, even for us. Get it now? This isn't the time to charge into a fight." Ymir says reasonably.

I sigh and fall onto my back. I stare up at the leaves above that are swaying gently with the cool breeze.

"More importantly," Reiner starts. "You three can't even transform right now. So don't get any ideas. Your bodies are wrecked. Just repairing the damage is taking everything you've got."

"So that means I can't transform because my skin is burnt?" I sit up to look at him.

"Yes." He reply's. I fall back onto the tree, looking back up at the sky.

"Are you stupid? Why would I trust a goddamn thing you're saying?" Eren growls, anger and annoyance lacing his voice.

"Well... It's not like I know the detais of how this ability works. This is one of the things I'm pretty much clueless about, unlike you two. Hey, Reiner. You said you would talk once these two woke up. About just what it is that you two plan to do with us." Ymir asks them.