CH.32: Rare Encounter

No way... that's the one. The one that killed Carla?!

I sit there and stare at the massive Titan, dumbfounded and scared. For the first time in ages, I'm scared. This Titan is at least the same height as Erens Titan. But at least it's not as big as mine.

The smiling Titan lifts it's hand and swings it at us. I close my eyes and wait for a hand wrapping round my frame. But that hand never came. There was someone grunting, and letting out aggitated breaths.

"Hannes!" Eren shouts. I open my eyes again to see the blonde Captain, holding the back the Titans hand with his body. The smiling Titan pulls it's hand back towards itself but Hannes lunges for it and slices it's thumb off with his blade.

He turns back to us with a crazed expression. "What are the odds of this!? Right, guys?" He yells to us. He turns around to face the Titan. "Just watch me. I'm going to avenge your mother by tearing this damn thing to pieces!" After that, he takes off and starts fighting the Titan. It starts flailing it's arms around, as if trying to swat a fly.

He's going to die. He's not gonna make it. If that thing hits one of his wires or catches him he's a gonner.

My mind starts to wonder to times before Wall Maria fell for some reason, remembering a time when I was having dinner at the Jeagers house...

*Winter (Christmas) 844*

I trudge through the snow that is ankle deep. The air was cold in Shiganshina as it was Christmas day, suiting the occasion perfectly.

I had a bag on my back full of a few gifts to give them as a thanks. I look up at the gray sky, small flakes of snow falling onto my face.

I start walking up the stairs that had Erens house at the top of them. I was invited because Carla didn't want me all alone on Christmas day eating Christmas dinner at an empty table.

I reach the top of the steps and I walk over to the front doorstep then knock on the wooden door.

I waited a few seconds before a tall, pretty woman opened the the door. "Hello, Ezlyn. Quick come in and take of your boots. You can sit in front of the fire, you must be frozen." She hurry's me in and takes my jacket for me.

"Thank you." I smile as I take my boots off. I sit my boots in a neat row next to many pairs. I then walk over to a chair that sat in front of the fire and sit. I close my eyes and bathe in the nice heat. I feel a blanket go over me and I saw Carla standing over me, a soft smile on her face. I smile back; appreciating her kindness.

She walks over to the stairs and sits her hand on the handrail. "Eren, Mikasa! Ezlyn's here!" She yells up them.

"Just wait a minute Mum! We need to finish this!" I hear Eren shout back.

"Okay, hurry up!" Carla responds. She walks away from the stairs and over to the counter, where a skinned goose sat. She looks over her shoulder to look at me. "They won't be long dear, just make yourself at home." I nod in response. I hear a bunch of footsteps above me and I guess it's Eren and Mikasa coming down.

I see a bunch of feet then their faces came into view. Eren seemed excited and happy while Mikasa had a solemn expression with a hint of excitement in her eyes. They both had their hands hidden behind their backs, hiding something.

"Merry Christmas Ezlyn!" Eren cheers, running up and wrapping an arm round me.

"Merry Christmas." Mikasa says with the same expression but I knew she ment it.

"Merry Christmas Eren and Mikasa." I beam, wrapping my arms round them and pulling them into my chest. Eren giggled and wiggled out of the hug. I let go of Mikasa, freeing her from my grasp.