CH.28: Cold hands

My feet crunched through the white, powdery snow. That seemed to be extremely deep for me. It was just below my knees making it hard to walk. My breath was coming out hot against the cold air.

My legs felt as if they were going to give out beneath me. I stumbled and fell face first into the snow. It was cold against my nose.

I heard laughing and a pair of arms went under mine, lifting me up. An arm went under my knees and another under my back. I opened my eyes to see a golden pair looking into mine. Jean.

"You're not supposed to fall face first into the snow, you have to walk. But, it's not my fault your short." He says smugly. I scoff and turn away.

"Not my fault either, Horse face." I retort, crossing my arms over eachother. He laughs again.

"I can guess why you call me that, princess." He says teasingly. I turn to face him and flick his forehead. "Ow, why'd you do that?" He winces.

"Don't call me that." I sneer. "Now, put me down, bitch."

He smirks. "Don't call you what? Princess?"

"Exactly, Jean!" I yell at him. Waving my arms around dramatically.

"Well then, if you don't like being called princess. I'll call you my damsel in distress." Jean grins.

I stare at him with a deady look. "Remember that time when I beat Cliff to a pulp?" I ask him. His grin becomes nervous.

"Yes, why?" He inquires.

"If you don't put me down, you'll be the one I beat to a pulp next." I threaten him. He laugh even more then sigh.

"Fine then, there you go." He drops me and I fall into the snow again. I seemed to fully sumerge into it, the light disappearing from my sight.

"Ah, I can't see. Help me!" I yell. I feel arms around me again and
I'm risen above the snow. It was a different face I saw. Marco, he was looking at me with consern.

"Are you okay, who done this to you." He asks me as if he was a mother tending to her child. I looked over at Jean who was snickering at me. Marco looked over at Jean. "Jean, you could've hurt her badly. Imagine she's a porcline doll, easy to break." Marco growls.

I look over at Jean with puppy eyes. "Yes, Jean. I'm like a piece of thin ice, easy to break." He scoffs and points at me.

"That thing is nowhere near to being a porcline doll or thin ice. She's as tough as rock. Babying her around won't do anything benificial to her. Anyways, she asked to be put down, so I done exactly that, put her down." He sneers. I look up at Marco who was holding me like a child.

"Can you put me down, please." I request. He nods and let's me down onto my feet. I trudge over to Jean who was staring at me confused. I grab the bottom of his hood and pulled his face down to my level.

"Jean, I suggest you stop teasing me about my height, or there'll be consequences." I whisper in his ear. I lick the lobe of his ear for no reason then turn back round to face Marco.

Marco starts giggling and points behind me. I turn back round to see Jean standing there, his face flushed red. He never moved an inch, he stood there staring into space. He looked as if he was trying to process what just happened. "Why... What? Ezlyn, why'd you do t-that?" He stammered.

I shrug my shoulders. "Don't know. Out of curiosity, I guess."

I heard crunching from behind me then I was suddenly lifted into the air. I was flung over someone's shoulder. "We can't have you freezing to death, my friend. Also the snow is supposed to get deeper very soon." A deep voice says. I knew exactly who it was, Reiner.