CH.6: More Friends and Foes

I arrived at the southern cadet corps in the early hours of the morning and stabled Maggie.
There was only a few people at the moment and Eren, Mikasa and Armin hadn't arrived yet so I was temporarily alone for now.

A hand went down on my shoulder, making me shriek. I turned to see a tall boy and a boy with blonde hair. I felt like I've met them before but can't remember when.
"Hello Ezlyn, long time no see."The blonde boy smiles, removing his hand off my shoulder.

"Wait... Reiner? Bertholdt?"I ask turning to face the duo. I finally remembered them from two years ago when Reiner bumped into me.

"Yep that would be us."Reiner smiles, showing his pristine teeth.

"You're both so big now, wow."I muse as I notice their height. They were the same height as me last time I saw them but now they were towering over me.

"Ha, and you're still at least the same height from two years ago, by the looks of it."Reiner pets my head. I do not like getting petted.

I jumped up and petted his head to see how he would like it. "How do you like that, huh?"

They both just stand there and laugh at me jumping about trying to pet their heads.
"Ezlyn!" A voice shouts from behind me.

I stop jumping about and turn to see the owner of the voice. Eren was running towards me with Mikasa and Armin trailing behind. They finally arrived.
"Sorry, I now need to go, cya later." I say to Bertholdt and Reiner and run off.

"Who were they?" Armin asks when he caught up to Eren.

I let out a sigh. "Just some acquaintances I met a few years ago." I rub the back of my neck.

Moments later the whole grounds was full of people. Two hundred people at the most.
"All Cadets! Line up into eight rows, right this second, otherwise there's consequences!" A voice boomed over the grounds.

We all scrambled into eight rows. I stood next to Eren as a bald man walks in front of everyone. "Good Morning Cadets! I am Commandment Keith Shadis and you will grow to hate me in the next three years. I'm going to train you until you're traumatised by this place so when you're older you have nightmares of this place!" He begins.

Wow he's so serious. As if people are going to be intimidated by him.

He walks up to Armin that's standing next to me. "You! What's you're name and where are you from!"

Armin quickly salutes. "Armin Arlert, from Shiganshina!"

"Wow, talk about a stupid name, who gave it to you? You're parents?" He mocks.

"It was my grandfather's sir!"Armin is shaking intensely.

"Oh really, why are you here Arlert!"

"I'm here to aid humanity's victory against the titans!"A bead of sweat drips from his brow.

"Hm, I'd say you'd be help fattening up the titans instead!" Shadis shouts.

He walks up to me next.
"Ah, it's you, Ezlyn Harper. Best not to talk to mere Titan fodder like yourself, but what are you doing here?"