CH:59: Discovery of the Unknown

I walk through the streets of Shiganshina, looking for any injured scouts. There's only ten remaining survivors including me, but there's always the possibility of some more unable to alert us due to their injuries, that's why I'm walking along the streets.

We only have one seriously injured soldiers and that's Sasha. She got caught up in a Thunder Spear explosion and shrapnel got her quite badly, that's what Connie told me.

I was also told the reason Armin got so burnt and, it was because he fought the Colossal Titan in a battle of ammunition and Armin figured when Bertholdt uses the steam attack it consumes muscle. He ended up staying for too long and almost killed himself, just so Eren could plug up the inner gate. So, we've reclaimed Wall Maria in a summary, all we need to do is get rid of the Titan's and that's us cleared a path to look for the ocean.

I hear a flare go up behind me and I turn to look at it. A green one, from on top of the wall. Excitement bubbles up inside of me and I start sprinting towards the wall. One thought running through my head.

Armin's awake!

I launch an anchor into a nearby house and pull the lowest trigger on the controller in my hand and the gas activates, sending me flying up into the air. I pull back my hook and fire both of them onto the wall before me and activate my gas again.

I scale the wall at incredible speed and before I reach the top I release my anchors and I fly above the wall by a few meters. My friends that were on the wall already look at me in awe as I fall to the ground. I land with my knee's bent and I stand up, pushing my brown locks off my sticky forehead.

I notice a certain blue eyed blondy staring at me with surprise in his eyes. I smile broadly and walk up to him, hands behind my back. I secretly start creating a Forget-me-not, a commonly found flower in the forest back within Wall Rose.

"E-Ezlyn." Armin stutters as I kneel down and wrap my arm's round him. I keep him in a hug unil the Forget-me-not is ready to be picked.

"I'm glad your alright, Armin." I smile, pulling away from him. I pick the flower by the bottom of it's stem and hand it to my blonde friend. He takes it in his hand and stares at in with a sparkle in his eyes.

"Is this a Forget-me-not?" He grins, looking up at me. I nod curtly, a genuine smile plastered over my lips. He looks back down at the flower. "Thank you."

I chuckle lightly. "No problem." I stand back up and stand next to Connie and Jean. Sasha was still in terrible shape, lying in a sleeping bag next to Armin, sleeping peacefully. No. That's an understatement. She's sleeping tranquilly, in the warmth of a sleeping bag, free from the orders of Hanji Zoe, our new commander, and likely dreaming about food.

"Well, Eren," Levi starts. "Start telling him about everything that happened. I don't want you missing out a single detail." Eren's face falls into a frown and takes in a deep breath.

"So,"

---

A look of sheer terror floods Armin's eyes after Eren explained what happened. I frown and look away. A gust of wind makes my hair fly around my face, adding to the sentiment.

Levi leans over and looks down on Armin. "Well? Up to speed, Armin?" Armin blinks a few times before looking down at the water bottle in his hand.

"Are you telling me... the Survey Corps... is the ten of us here... and that's it?" He doesn''t seem to believe his ears.

"For the time being. The fighting ended four hours ago. We've been looking for survivors, but... none yet..." Jean adds. I pick up my water flask and take a long drink of it. Water hasn't tasted so good in ages. I sit down the flask and let out a sigh of relief.